Sign in to follow this  
Guest wyoming

It finally happened to me...

First, let me acknowledge that I have no business posting this but, in an effort to make myself feel a little better, I'm going to rant a bit anyway. I encountered the dreaded 1722/1603 error some days ago. I have tried every fix known to man. FSX will not reinstall. After 50+ hours of trying I give up. I will NOT reformat to solve this problem. Accordingly, I am now in the process of trying to remove all vestages of said FSX program and will, without remorse, go back to flying FS2004 only. I'm not looking for help and I'm not looking for sympathy. I've been around too long for that. I'm just PO'd. There. I feel better already. End of rant.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Me too :-fume

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Absolutely absurd, and something MS should address regardless of how minor they think it is. I can't think of any reasonable person who could support such nonsense, and to expect an end-user to reformat is even more asinine. I've never had to reformat for any FS software or program, and I wouldn't start now.Despite how good FSX might be for people, it has a lot of problems.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>>I've never had to reformat for any FS software or program, and I wouldn't start now.<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

DougIf your OS is Vista a reformat may still be in your future even after removing FSX. The mskb928080.exe will in most cases resolve the 1722 FSX startup problem but all the Stores also become corrupt.I have found on my new Vista system that the 1722 is not FSX related per se but normally what causes the startup error is based on something else such as a beta Driver. In my case it was Nvida which is still trying to rush to market with Vista drivers that are still not stable for my 8800 GTX SLI's. Because the Drivers for my XP SP2 computer are more stable I have not had any BOD's that effect the Registry and then causes the FSX 1722. Many say that Vista has problems but so do all the Drivers trying to run Vista including Sound cards, Video, Printers, etc. Even utilities like the Norton 360 and PCtools are still trying to fiqure out Vista. My Norton 360 is being updated daily and they still have not fiqured out a complete GoBack reImage of the hard drive like they did for XP.

Vista's not the problem Jim. I gave up on that OS many months ago :-). I'm running an XP box which was reformatted and the OS reinstalled 32 days ago. The drivers for both the mobo chipset and attached devices are all tried-and-true - I've been using them for months. Everything on this system is really plain-vanilla. I don't even OC it anymore. Grrrrrr....................I gotta go fly the PMDG 737 now. In all the FSX frenzy I'd forgotten just how much I love that airplane. And the Dreamfleet stuff, and FSNav, and......Doug

You reformated the drive your os was on, yes? I'm trying to decided if my development files are at risk if they're on the same drive as fsx, but its the regestry that must be wiped and reinstalled I would think. Please confirm?Bob

> Me too :-fume I too am disgusted with the Activation feature in FSX.:-fume is quite an appropriate smiley for the 1722 error.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest baksteen33

Hi Bob, it's interesting you (maybe indirectly?) brought up paths. I wonder whether Doug and others who are experiencing this problem, installed FSX in default locations or not? And of course, sorry to hear about 'your' troubles, Doug. 50h solving something which apparently works must be highly frustrating... I went through similar events with 8-month old Nvidia drivers and no updates... Felt like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJDUS9W9p5Y...related&search=Cheers and kind regards Jaap Some others: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdSZ5GgLcDs...related&search=More Britons:

Guest MauiHawk

I somehow hadn't heard of this until now. But some quick searching and I see it all over. Wow. That's disgusting. And scary. I sure hope it gets fixed with SP2....maybe ACES has been getting pointers from the 360 team?

One other thing to check. I think I remember someone reporting this problem a couple of months ago, and it turned out, that some how DEP got set on the system preventing the fix to work! Check to see if it got turned on in your system and if so try turning it off!EDIT: I found it, but it was the User Access Control (UAL) in Vista, not DEP that caused it. (It was Geofa post when he had the problem) Not sure if this could be an issue in XP too? Have you changed your user rights recently? Like say from administrator to limited user?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Doug, I don't know what kind of setup you have but the best is to put FSX on a separate hardrive and that way the reformat is not such a problem. I have had the errors since last October and have not done any reformats.Tony

>Doug,>> I don't know what kind of setup you have but the best is>to put FSX on a separate hardrive and that way the reformat is>not such a problem. I have had the errors since last October>and have not done any reformats.>>Tony Wouldn't it still be a problem? I mean, what about the FSX registry entries? They would be on the OS drive and would get wiped by a reformat of the OS drive...Or can FSX rebuild its registry entries in some manner?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB