Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

SP2(DX10) is that what we really want?

Guest SpeedBird192

After viewing the screenshots of the DX10 version, I'm not really impressed.If that's the best MS can do, then it certainly will not get me to migrate to Vista. I'd much rather see MS address the blurries issue before this SP2.Anyone else think that fixing the blurries at further distances more important to their flying enjoyment than dx10? Oddly enough, FS9 doesn't have this problem?

Guest MauiHawk

If you are talking about the shots posted on Phil Taylor's blog, he's said numerous times and in numerous locations that the shots were only intended to show progress in bringing the DX10 codepath up to speed, not to show what it will look like in DX10. They have not yet added the extra DX10 features in those shots.He has mentioned that SP2 will contain a couple general fixes... it would not shock me if one of them had to do with blurries. And it should also give DX10 users at least a little performance increase which can be used to go toward blurries if you have your fps locked.

Guest SpeedBird192

you might want to check Phil's blog again - there are some new DX10 pictures

Guest MauiHawk

>you might want to check Phil's blog again - there are some>new DX10 picturesHmmm... I'm not seeing them, I guess. I only see the "just another Wednesday" post from the 8th where he says: "Being done with the 3rd milestone, "DX10 looking like DX9", means all DX9 rendering features are now operational in the DX10 pipeline and look identical. That means the engine is fully flyable in DX10, but no new features are enabled.

Guest N684

I dont think the DX10 service pack 2 is going to make that much difference on graphics, i expect a bit more frames per seconds. :)

Speculation & hope.....>>>>Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I best be seeing some God rays and water effects out of DX10 or I am going to feel used and cheap. ;)________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest sssummer

>you might want to check Phil's blog again - there are some>new DX10 picturesThere is nothing new here, same pictures from August 8th showing progress as the bring the game to fully functioning in DX10 status. Per Phil, no DX10 graphical improvements are shown yet, just showing the progressing of having the code run in DX10. Is there something you are reading into this that we don't know about?

A lot of people are feeling used and cheap :-fume :-bang :-fume

Used? Maybe. Cheap? Never. :-)

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I suppose he's saying that if the DX10 update doesn't have any of the features of the DX10 update, then he will be upset.I think that's not unreasonable :(

Wouldn't that be something? A DX10 update with no DX10 functionality implemented. Just think of it! We could then compare DX9 on XP to DX10 on Vista with regard to framerates, blurries, CTD's, clouds, water, autogen, etc, etc, etc. It would open up a whole new host of posts on the merits of each and the arguments could go on for months and months. Never a boring moment around here :-) .Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Even without screenshots its pretty easy to see that DX10 won't do much at all. Just look at all the other games that have DX10 like Company of Heroes or Bioshock. You can barely tell the difference and in most cases you have to have side-by-side comparisons of high res screenshots to notice them. On top of that there is no magical performance increase, only a slight decrease of about 2 fps. In FS 2 FPS is a huge hit when you're having to lock it at 24 or whatever. Staple this on to an engine that is already seemingly inefficient and frustrating to get running at an acceptable level and what you get is a product vastly different from what the Microsoft hype machine has been spitting out.

I'm guessing you haven't seen or heard of Crysis yet? You should. It's photorealistic, and unlike the word "stunning" in the screenshot forum, I don't use the term lightly.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Of course I've heard of, and seen it. That is an FPS which is the dog and pony show for MS and is built for DX10. Not to mention they pumped millions of dollars and thousands of man hours to maximize what is essentially a glorified tech demo. FS has always lagged behind the rest of the graphics world, and the DX10 patch will be no different. I'd love for ACES to prove me wrong, but they don't have the time or the inclination.