Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

Just lost all (!) settings in MSFS

Has this something to do with the recent update? I didnt change anything in my config but all msfs settings are gone, including key bindings, realism, graphics etc.

I understood they are cloud saved, can i revert to what I had running yesterday? putting everything the way it was will take me days otherwise. Even the flow app was showing me messages as if i launched it first.

My logged hours etc. in the profile are still being shown though.

Edited by Soulflight

22 minutes ago, crimplene said:

I had that too, after opting out of the beta. Restarted my PC, everything fine.

how do i opt out of beta? I never saw anything asking me for it lol. I just noticed by that sleepy music playing in the loading screen and later i was being shown suggested graphics options for my system.

my shown version in MSFS is 1.30.12.0 btw.

Edited by Soulflight

17 minutes ago, crimplene said:

You never opted in so you don't have to opt out. 

Did you try to simply restart your computer?

yes before even posting here. No change, my key bindings are still there by selecting the profile but still all my graphics and realism settings seem to be gone. As well as all flow profiles, which is still bad enough since balancing and setting up everything was time consuming.

What is probably need is a way to revert to older settings from the cloud, but the reset buttons in the option menus only restore the msfs defaults.

Edited by Soulflight

22 hours ago, Soulflight said:

Has this something to do with the recent update? I didnt change anything in my config but all msfs settings are gone, including key bindings, realism, graphics etc.

I understood they are cloud saved, can i revert to what I had running yesterday? putting everything the way it was will take me days otherwise. Even the flow app was showing me messages as if i launched it first.

My logged hours etc. in the profile are still being shown though.

I'm sorry to hear about this - over the last year I've seen a number of responses in the forum to people wanting to backup their control configs, essentially saying don't worry its all cloud saved.

Unfortunately my own experience has proven this to be wrong so that, in some cases, settings can be lost (happened to me twice).

So, as I posted in another thread some time ago now:

"Just in case you fancy manually backing up your control mappings and logbook see below ... this is for my Steam version but if you search your PC for the filename below it should point you to the appropriate location:

I have a folder containing controller mappings under my main Steam/userdata folder … this folder (named “remote”) sits under a couple of other numbered (not named) folders: “…/Steam/userdata/10842504/1250410/remote”.

In this “remote” folder I have “inputprofile_[xxx]” files which describe my latest mouse, keyboard and controller mappings, there are also files for other things like the logbook.

A search for “inputprofile_” or similar might help you find these files if they exist on your system.

Cheers!"

Ads Kluczinsky

I've had that happen to me once or twice, always turned out to be issues server side, they did later magically re-appear. Its the control bindings that are a real killer for me! Setting up the Bravo throttle autopilot is a bit of a pain! Not that I even use it now as it doesn't seem to function with the Fenix. Still will get back to the 737 eventually and it is nice!

Anthony Milner

21 hours ago, Soulflight said:

As well as all flow profiles

what is a flow profile?

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

21 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

what is a flow profile?

This? https://orbxdirect.com/product/p42-flow

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Same problem here too. I only bought the Bravo a few weeks ago and was thrilled after I spent days learning the functions and mappings and how they all work and setting them up for various models I fly mostly. Now...all gone. Quite disheartening. Can't seem to find the energy to do it all again only for this happen every so often.  

Cheers

Terry

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

25 minutes ago, Soulflight said:

By now i accepted my fate and spent two hours setting everything up the way i had, or, at least, the way it works....

Just make savings here and there from your relevant data and you are on the save side, i do this before every WU or/and SU updates.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

This happened to me recently and I set up again from scratch. Coulnd't recall what most settings were but ironically whetever I set this time got the sim running great. ! 

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU