Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

FS 2004 files...I'm amazed!

Obviously, I agree. :DAlso, a 'tip of the hat' has to go to Eaglesoft. I purchased the Columbia 400 for FSX this past weekend (have the FS9 model) and they really did a great job with it. I think my frame rates are as high in FSX as I would get in FS9. Not bad.And Carenado did a nice thing by offering free FSX 'fixes' for all their aircraft. Not re-done, but work very very well. Same with the MAAM DC-3 package.Perhaps those of us who fly GA all the time are not having the same issues as folks who fly the 'big iron', as we see the positive developments within FSX at lower flight levels.I guess when you are always flying at 30,000 ft+/-, it really does not matter much what version you have.

I'm amazed too- looks like there are folks out there who would also buy a new car in its first model year! But then I'm old enough to remember the Edsel.Alex Reid

"Seriously. FS9 was awesome. FSX is far far better. FS9 lovers, please please just upgrade already, as you've had to do for every other release of the franchise, and stop complaining"We do as we please, thank you very much :). We haven't purchased FSX as it doesn't meet our requirements. The Avsim and Flightsim.com file libraries also speak volumes on this matter.We are not robots who automatically upgrade ;)

Fair enough MD. I worded that poorly, my bad. What I meant was those who seem to just complain that FSX doesn't run as well as FS9 on their harware etc (of course it won't), and those who complain, quite constantly it seems, that there are no 'good' (ie: airliner) addons for FSX. Saw a post the other day in here where someone was stating that FSX was worthless because there were no pmdg planes and flytampa scenery, and it just broke my brain! :)I just see this 'chicken and egg thing' come up over and over and it seems so pointless. There won't be a ton of addons for FSX until enough people move over to it. If people aren't moving over to it just because there aren't enough addons, well, then we have a little problem here. ;)

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

>Every time a new plane or software comes out there's>inevitably a post in this forum 30 seconds later titled>"Anyone try out (insert addon name here)?". So how about this>for an idea... Demos. Why not? Cloud 9 managed to create time>limited demos for most of their FS9 stuff. Is this not>possible in FSX? I really don't know, so I'm asking.Trial version are available for several FSX Cloud9 sceneries as well: Orlando, Bergen, and XCity Rome at the moment.Aerosoft is also using this system for one of their latest releases for FSX: Florence, because they have used the same sales system.

Yes! I'm a robot, & proud of it!I asked this forum's advice, bought a good new machine, with Vista &Ms Office, & FSX & SP1 - all going super superbly.Robots rejoice!!Peter Sydney Australia

>>Yes! I'm a robot, & proud of it!I asked this forum's advice, bought a good new machine, with Vista &Ms Office, & FSX & SP1 - all going super superbly.Robots rejoice!!Peter Sydney Australia<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Thanks Jeff!I buy xplane every few years and invariably decide it isn't for me either-but seem to resist visiting the xplane forum to trash it with regularity-after all seems there are people there that enjoy it-more power to them even though it isn't my cup of tea!By the way .... since jan 2007 the fsx forum is getting 1.5 times the posts as the fs9-since sp1 about 2x..for those into statistics...http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

just another statistic:today's loaded files on avsim main page:FSX: 5FS9: 22And it is each day almost the same.How can one explain that?Guy

Correct-on the mark. Some spend over $1000 and applaud them both. I am not so obsessed or impressed.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

The pro FS9 users have already invested a lot of money in FS9 to get it working. There is a contradiction here though because if they do have a lot of add-ons then they should have money to buy these add-ons and thus have plenty of money to buy a new high tech machine?Of course one fact that is a FACT is that of software users an amazing 70% of them don't pay for the software they use? So it could be some of the hard core FS9 users have got illegal copies of the FS9 add on's and because they don't pay for things then it's likely they can't afford high tech machines either? Or more likely they don't like to pay for things even if they do have money to buy things...Sorry, not meaning to offend any genuine FS8 users out there.Yeah, it's a bit late for that. Have you ever considered the possibility that money or lack thereof is not the factor that's holding many of us back? But simply the fact that FSX isn't the improvement we'd hoped for. That some of us want from a sim that FSX simply doesn't offer.And even if someone has plenty of cash, the assumption that the person can then just upgrade and dump all his FS9 stuff, what does that say about your view on the value of money? And not just you. A couple of others too, just quit ####, buy FSX (I have copy of FSX Deluxe - legitimate even), buy addons... Just because I can, doesn't mean I should. I have a mind of my own, I do not blindly follow the rest of the flock. I'm no indoctrinated slave of consumption.LOL, that was a bit much, but anyway...If the hanger ons to FS9 have money please start buying FSX and FSX upgrades and add on's. It is this that keeps our hobby alive.The hobby starts and ends with Microsoft. What, we're to blame now for this "crisis"? First point at us and laugh and now beg us to switch and be a catalyst? Please.Whine, whine, whine. I've never seen so much "crying over spilt milk." You only have to look at the history of FS to see that this negative reaction towards FSX and Vista is the very same reaction that accompanied FS9 and XP. History really does repeat itself.You're still in denial. FSX has been out now, what, for a year? I can remember releases with only two years in between. So in those terms, we're halfway through FSX's cycle already and well...I think one of the bigger issues is the fact that we had to wait for FSX for so long. That allowed FS9 to mature, devs to go crazy with wonderful add-ons and for users to perhaps become more attached to the sim and everything they'd put in it than ever before.If you want to use FS9 go ahead. No one is stopping you. If you want to use FSX even with Vista go ahead. But, stop all this BS and whinning and get on with it. This thread must be the 100th such thread with comments just like these that has appeared in these forums. Neither the software nor hardware is going to turn backwards so get over it."I've been using FSX since the day it came out." It's an FSX user that started this thread, I thought that was important to point out. He not only started it, but in a mocking fashion to boot. I'm only here to clear up some misunderstandings. To defend myself against accusations of piracy. To enlighten the ignorant. To fend off the hordes of people begging us to switch and help FSX shift to second gear. To rescue the damsel in distress.And what's worse, whining or whining about people whining? As the wise Obi-Wan Kenobi once said "Who's the more foolish... the fool or the fool who follows him?".I will now retire to the FS9 Forum. A mod should lock up this thread already.;-)

Mike...

Mike,I think you're a little paranoid. I started the thread and there was no "mocking fashion" intended in my words. I'm an FS user and contributor to this forum...and I'm interested in the continual progression of our hobby called flight simulation.Thanks everyone for all the "relevant" comments on this topic.