Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

AI Traffic Addons and performance hits?

Any significant performance hits with some of the AI addons available?Just curious as I am thinking of purchasing one?Likes / Dislikes?Thnx

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Anytime you add thousands of polygons and hundreds of textures to your visual frame in FS, it's going to take a lot of horsepower to run.That said, it's almost impossible to put enough AI into the skies to have as big of an impact as full autogen.You'll need a very strong machine now running about 40 FPS to be able to be flyable around London, New York or LA with 100% AI.The available commercial programs boil down to one question - do you want real world schedules, or representational traffic.If you want real world traffic, Ultimate Traffic is the only option.If you are willing to tweak when an airline shows up at an airport where the airline really never flies, or too many of airline A and not enough of airline B - then Traffic and My Traffic are good.If you don't care - My Traffic is probably the most mature right now.I would advise you to search for World of AI packages here in the Avsim library. They are free and will install in FSX. Yes, they are FS2004 packages, but close enough for you to test and get the feel of how AI will or will not work on your system.However, no AI package is complete out of the box. All will require some tweaking and adjusting in the case of payware, or learning how to manually add aircraft models, textures, and flight plans for freeware.It not hard once you grasp the concepts.Just addictive and that can be time consuming.