Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Australian Commercial Airports for MSFS

Any recommendations beside obvious FT Sydney?

It looks like YBBN is a remake of old FSX/P3D airport + a new runway. But what else? Looks like the entire region is limited to 2 large airports. Not even YMML.

Thanks

Mackay (YBMK) by Orbx. One of the most beautiful sceneries for MSFS in my estimation (it‘s the sugar capital of Australia, after all!) Sadly it has mostly only flights to Brisbane, although it‘s a good fit for the PMDG 738. 

Recently purchased Adelaide (sold by Orbx) as well and am quite satisfied with that scenery, too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Any recommendations beside obvious FT Sydney?

It looks like YBBN is a remake of old FSX/P3D airport + a new runway. But what else? Looks like the entire region is limited to 2 large airports. Not even YMML.

Given the moderate end result of Orbx's efforts on YBBN, I'm not sure that I want them to do YMML.
It would be great if NZA Simulations had a go, now that NZCH's release is imminent.

One airport I strongly recommend avoiding is Orbx's YMEN. Poor performance and lumpy terrain everywhere.

• YSCB - Impulse Simulations. I like it. Much better than the old and outrageously outdated version that Orbx had for sale on P3D for years.
  • YPAD - Impulse Simulations. Currently on sale at Orbx. Reviews here and here. It's OK in that it does a better job than their previous attempts at YPAD in P3D.
  • YAYE - AUscene. Again, currently on sale at Orbx. Sort of review here and buyers' reviews here. Good, with nice details.
  • YMHB - NZA Simulations (renown for being one of the best scenery developers)
  • YPKG - NZA Simulations (buyer reviews here)
  • YBNA - AUscene (currently on sale at Orbx)

For something a little smaller:

• YCBG - NZA Simulations
  • YSBK - Impulse Simulations

Caveat, I'm a Pom. I'm sure some locals will be better placed to tell you if there are glaring omissions that I can't pick up on.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I note that we are still waiting for a payware version of YMML - one of the first airports released by ORBX for FSX many years ago. Something of a glaring omission.

Bruce

• Upvote 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

yscb  oops already mention  oin abpve  post

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have Hobart YMBG and nearby Cambridge YCGB  - they seem pretty good. But best to buy both as they are only a few miles apart and almost on top of each other.

Coffs Harbour YCFS is also pretty good, I fly our of there in GA a lot and the airfield is accurate and they even have the Fishing Fleet and jetty area modelled.

Also worth a look are Ballina YBNA and  Sunshine Coast YBSU.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1