Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

DEP

Guest Pilot533

In vista 64 ultimate whenever I close fsx a message comes up saying that data execution prevention chut down fsx to protect my computer. It then says I cannot turn it off for fsx, is this ok?

Guest in_04

Hi Mike,sounds like a problem with a third party program/module.I also run Vista 64 Ultimate and never saw this message.Have you checked your memory with the Vista Memory Check tool?Maybe you overclocked to high?Also try malware/spyware/AntiVir programs.This message is a hint that a program try to execute code in a memory segment marked as data only. This is a serious message which shouldn't occur.Check in "Performance Options" if you enabled DEP for all programs. Normally DEP for essential program is enough (Just the other option)

Hi Mike,I have Vista Ultimate x32 and have the same error message but I believe it's because I'm using the latest beta version of FSInn.As Marcus pointed out, it would seem to be a very serious error and turning DEP off might exacerbate the issue. I think I read on one of the forums that with DEP off, you risk corrupting the registry when this error occurs, but I can't remember where I read it.It makes me nervous but I have a backup of all important data, so.....Regards,Jim KarnNOTHING is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest Pilot533

Ah, im using fsinn 1.3, maybe thats the problem.