Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

12.04b3 released

Happy to report that Zink works on (Arch) Linux on both a 6900XT and a RTX 2060. (Although the NVidia GPU technically does not require it to use plugins.)

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

something bad going on with the fps here (GCTS)

Isn't that the FPS drops at some airports caused by the exclusion zones?

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

5 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Weather has been down all day for me.

For everyone…

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

33 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

Isn't that the FPS drops at some airports caused by the exclusion zones?

sorry i edited as when i restarted it was fine, probably some plugin getting in a twist! I find SAM gives me alot of problems.

Edited by UKflyer

So, LR is already aware(?) of the recent GRIB fetching problem from NOAA and trying a workaround:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/284358-message-grib_get_field-failed/&do=findComment&comment=2515857

I believe the guy didn't even read the errors in the fetched GRIBs... Duh! 😕

namely the part where it reads: 

"Your allowed limit has been reached. [... reason why...]"

Thankfully there are users who know what they're talking about...

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/284358-message-grib_get_field-failed/&do=findComment&comment=2515924

Anywayzzzz Zulfi - ya know what! I told ya! Beware when you read the above post!!!

Edited by cagarini
additional info

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

4 minutes ago, cagarini said:

Anywayzzzz Zulfi - ya know what! I told ya! Beware when you read the above post!!!

😅

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I really enjoy it when trolls omit key words in their comments. Entertaining. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I really enjoy it when trolls omit key words in their comments. Entertaining. 

Never mind, truth is it can be used even with the present problem because METAR data is being fetched correctly, so, if one edits the aloft weather to more or less agree with rw, flights can easily be performed, specially if over a limited area.

That's what I've been using for testing soaring weather. Actually for soaring weather tests (thermals and orographic) it's better to use Manual Weather.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

1 hour ago, cagarini said:

Never mind, truth is it can be used even with the present problem because METAR data is being fetched correctly, so, if one edits the aloft weather to more or less agree with rw, flights can easily be performed, specially if over a limited area.

That's what I've been using for testing soaring weather. Actually for soaring weather tests (thermals and orographic) it's better to use Manual Weather.

The latest discussion on weather in the Slack group.

Take from it what you will.  (I'm just the messenger)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rsvpcpilz1al5j/Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 12.58.08 am.png?dl=0

Thx @Goran.

Alexis and Ben on that thread give me good hopes it'll soon get fixes 👍

I have been able to make local flights with very consistent weather because since the last two betas the METAR innacuracies have apparently been fixed, as far as I could test.

Aloft is broken due to the IP blocking occuring at the NOAA servers.

Edited by cagarini

Main Simulation Rig:

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

No, if you have a problem with frame rate drops at airports its absolutely, definitely, no doubt about it, the Addon developers fault and in no way at all whatsoever a LR fault/bug. ask Goran. 

I don't have any issues with 3rd party airports, only with scenery airports that haven't been updated. The exclusion zone issue is what I received from Laminar and it's up to gateway maintainers to fix.

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

On 2/25/2023 at 4:34 AM, Greazer said:

Wake me up 2035 😑

for starters, how about feature complete Garmins by 2023?

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.