Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

PMDG 737 Update

2 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

This thread is pointless, has hardly anything to do with the PMDG update that it was titled as and it's resorted to bickering.

You're new to PMDG threads, aren't you? :biggrin:

Edited by Nixoq
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

(Avsim keeps double posting my posts)

Edited by Nixoq
  • Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

7 minutes ago, JYW said:

If anyone ever wanted to criticize AVSIM, and reference a thread to show the grown middle-aged men behaving like bickering boys, showing off about how many years they've been an ATC.. blah.. blah (because that fact demands auto-respect, of course 🙄) ..... this would be the thread.

Some of the old fellas in this thread could stir up an argument in a monastery!

"I've got more years experience than you!"

"I don't use that function, so no-one else should!"

"I simulate more seriously than you"

"EFB....blah....blah....blah"

Ad nauseum.

Anyway, apparantly PMDG did an update yesterday - someone should create a thread to discuss it 😄

Always going to happen. People agree to disagree. People look at things in different ways. People get told things then go else where to complain and get told exactly the same thing. You win some you lose some.

It’s unfortunate that pretty much every PMDG thread in these forums turns into a dumpster fire of pointless arguing.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Always going to happen. People agree to disagree. People look at things in different ways. People get told things then go else where to complain and get told exactly the same thing. You win some you lose some.

Everything you've described above would be fine.  The purpose of a forum indeed.

But that's not the problem here.   It's the level of apparant insecurity that drives some people to (a) undertake silly (often irrelevent) bragging and chest-beating, and (b) put other people down.  And we'll not even mention the copious doses of woeful 'walter-waving'.    Put your walters away people. 😄

Edited by JYW
  • Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I own the Fenix. I „own“ the FBW. I own the PMDG 737-700. and love them all. As per the title, got the PMDG update and the PMDG still flies great, even with my SU12 beta. All fine. Thanks to all involved 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

It’s unfortunate that pretty much every PMDG thread in these forums turns into a dumpster fire of pointless arguing.

It's not exclusive to Avsim though. Go have a look at every FSElite comment section under a PMDG article for instance.

• Like 1

(Okay seriously, what's up with the double posts...)

Edited by Nixoq

@Nixoq - Very true.   PS.  All your posts are posting twice! 👍

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

[Ground Physics] Nosewheel Steering effectivity at higher speeds

Has anyone noticed a significant difference?
It's a bit better, yet nosewheel steering still appears to make heavy work of turns at higher speeds, 5 - 15 kts range.

Anyone else find this?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 minutes ago, JYW said:

Everything you've described above would be fine.  The purpose of a forum indeed.

But that's not the problem here.   It's the level of apparant insecurity that drives some people to (a) undertake silly (often irrelevent) bragging and chest-beating, and (b) put other people down.  And we'll not even mention the copious doses of woeful 'walter-waving'.    Put your walters away people. 😄

Totally true. Not mentioning but definitely few people out their make a point of saying it every time oh I've done this. I've got so many hours in this and that and I care because? You literally could be talking to someone whose done a lot more than what you have and have a lot more experience in different aspects of the same industry and when you come back saying you have done x, y and z then they just say of course you have. You can generally tell when someone is telling the truth. Its more funny when when you prove it too them and they come back with something to act like that wasn't said.

8 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

It's a bit better, yet nosewheel steering still appears to make heavy work of turns at higher speeds, 5 - 15 kts range.

Anyone else find this?

Funny you mention I thought it seemed worse

10 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

Funny you mention I thought it seemed worse

Interesting. Not disagreeing with you, only I would have expected a flood of complaints if that were the case for everyone.
I wonder if there's either something in my community folder having an effect, or my rudder pedal sensitivity is not set high enough, or whether people just accept the lower effectiveness of PMDG's taxi characteristics?

Definitely not enjoying how sluggish the turns are while taxiing when compared to other aircraft.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

13 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Anyone else find this?

Yes, I'm also finding this.

13 hours ago, Nixoq said:

(Okay seriously, what's up with the double posts...)

are you refreshing the page after hitting submit? sometimes it takes a while for a reply to go through, if you refresh while its still updating it will post it twice