Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

dx10.1

Guest Pilot533

Im sorry if this has been asked before, but I was reading on simviation that fsx will not become dx10.1 compatible, just dx10. Is this true?

DirectX 10.1 will be backward compatible with DX10. Using DX 10.1 or 10.1 hardware will work fine with DX10 programs, just won't take advantage of DX 10.1 features.Thanks,

Guest Pilot533

So dx10 hardware will be full compatible with the dx10 patch? In other words is it a dx10 patch or a dx10.1 patch?

Guest MauiHawk

> So dx10 hardware will be full compatible with the dx10 patch?> In other words is it a dx10 patch or a dx10.1 patch?It is a DX10.0 patch. NaS was just pointing out that if you buy a 10.1 card, it will still run 10.0 (and thus the FSX patch).It seems to me people are getting a bit too worked up about 10.1... we haven't even begun to see 10.0 exploited yet. I predict by the time 10.1 is exploited we'll be well into FS11. Basically, I could see holding out to see what the next generation of cards later this year can do in DX10, but as far as FSX goes 10.1 is a non-issue.

Guest Pilot533

Ok, makes me feel good about my 8800gts, since I dont use my pc for any other gaming besides fs. Just hope they take advantage of all that dx10 can gives us, but then again its micro$oft, I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt, one can always hope though.