Sign in to follow this  
knich

Learner not re-starting with last learned airport

Hi...when using learner and * is chosen, it is supposed to go thru the list of airports in updated airports folder.  It does this well, except if the learner is stopped and then restarted.  

When you re-start it always starts with the same airport and learns in the same exact order.  In other words, it does not re-start with the last learned airport so the same airports keep getting learned and not the others. 

3 hours ago, knich said:

When you re-start it always starts with the same airport and learns in the same exact order.  In other words, it does not re-start with the last learned airport so the same airports keep getting learned and not the others. 

No that's not true. Learner only starts with the last airport of the previous run if- and only if-  no update was found, and therefore the date of the file had not changed.  

With the * command, Learner takes the oldest file first, and so on, it learns in the order based on the date of the file.

By the way it learns for the time you set, not endlessly, and there is a next button if you want to skip the file..

Edited by kiek

5 hours ago, kiek said:

No that's not true. Learner only starts with the last airport of the previous run if- and only if-  no update was found, and therefore the date of the file had not changed.  

With the * command, Learner takes the oldest file first, and so on, it learns in the order based on the date of the file.

By the way it learns for the time you set, not endlessly, and there is a next button if you want to skip the file..

Ok..can you change it so it runs from last airport of the previous run? Otherwise, it will always start with the same airport and repeat airports when * is set.  

23 minutes ago, knich said:

Ok..can you change it so it runs from last airport of the previous run? Otherwise, it will always start with the same airport and repeat airports when * is set.  

No I will not, sorry.

This is by design ...The files with the oldest update date has to be learned first, is the idea... Then the next oldest etc... The advantage being that if you exit Learner while you were just half way your files, it will continue where it has stopped (!) . It used to be alphabetical which was not very handy because then certain files were always taken first, and the random option is also not very handy.

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

No I will not, sorry.

This is by design ...The files with the oldest update date has to be learned first, is the idea... Then the next oldest etc... The advantage being that if you exit Learner while you were just half way your files, it will continue where it has stopped (!) . It used to be alphabetical which was not very handy because then certain files were always taken first, and the random option is also not very handy.

I agree with that concept and we might be talking about the same thing.  I am not talking about alphabetical or random order...just getting to all the airports in your updated airports folder.  

The problem is the oldest file never gets updated and then it goes to the next airport on the list, which is always the same (bottom to top).  So the ones that are toward the top that have not been updated in days stay un-updated because it keeps trying to update the oldest one.  

I hope that makes sense.  I may just have to remove or skip the one that keeps starting first. 

9 minutes ago, knich said:

The problem is the oldest file never gets updated

Then you either remove that file from your updated_airports folder, because it is useless anyway (no ground traffi) , or, set the parking percentage  at 90%.

Then Learner will most likely try to record soft updates too, check that in the Learner GUI, you should see updates x (+ soft), and it will no longer block your use of Learner.

Edited by kiek

17 minutes ago, kiek said:

Then you either remove that file from your updated_airports folder, because it is useless anyway (no ground traffi) , or, set the parking percentage  at 90%.

Then Learner will most likely try to record soft updates too, check that in the Learner GUI, you should see updates x (+ soft), and it will no longer block your use of Learner.

Oh...interesting.  I will give that a try.  

edit:  Just by changing the park percentage...it now is updated to today.  🙂