Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Check out the superb DC3 from MAAM

Guest cliffie1931

If you want an aircraft to give you a great deal of satisfaction then I suggest you consider the MAAM DC3 FSX upgrade. Have a squiz on:http://www.maam.org/maam_sim.htmlMy two top Sim aircraft used to be the PMDG 747-400 and the Marchetti. Both at opposite ends on the scale.Now I am adding the DC3 to this short list.Belive me, you won't be sorry to have this baby in your hanger. I should stress that I have no connection whatsoever to MAAM other than an admiration for their DC3 and their friendly and prompt help to my queries.Cliff

Have you taken a peek at the Maam Briefing Time B25? If you like the DC-3, I'll bet you would love this bird as well. It is equally a pleasure to fly (Including in FSX).If you like beautifully designed aircraft, I would also recommend that you peek at the following: They are free and it will cost you nothing except pleasure.Milton Shupe's D18 and Howard 500. The Howard is one of the best looking aircraft ever designed for FS IMHO and flys great in both FS9 and FSX.Of equal appeal to me personally are the LO49A Super Constellations and the Tupolev Tu-114. With Active Camera the inside of the Tupolev looks more like a custom train than an airplane (likewise Real World). Unfortunately that utility is not available yet to my knowledge for FSX.While you are waiting for the PMDG family, try the iFly 747-400, and unbelievably it is free. You may forget the PMDG. Happy flying:RTH

Guest SPOFF

>Have you taken a peek at the Maam Briefing Time B25? If you>like the DC-3, I'll bet you would love this bird as well. It>is equally a pleasure to fly (Including in FSX).>>If you like beautifully designed aircraft, I would also>recommend that you peek at the following: They are free and it>will cost you nothing except pleasure.>>Milton Shupe's D18 and Howard 500. The Howard is one of the>best looking aircraft ever designed for FS IMHO and flys great>in both FS9 and FSX.>>Of equal appeal to me personally are the LO49A Super>Constellations and the Tupolev Tu-114. With Active Camera the>inside of the Tupolev looks more like a custom train than an>airplane (likewise Real World). Unfortunately that utility is>not available yet to my knowledge for FSX.>>While you are waiting for the PMDG family, try the iFly>747-400, and unbelievably it is free. You may forget the PMDG.>>>Happy flying:>RTHHi RTH: I noticed you mention the Beech 18, Howard 500, and Constellation....and adding them to FSX. 1. Did you use the "Upgraded" (FSX) Constellation, OR did you add the OLD FS9 Version to FSX?2. The Beech 18, and I believe the Howard 500 BOTH have "Auto Installers". Did you use the "Auto Installer" to install, OR did you install the planes manually, file by file?I guess i'm wondering if the "Auto Installer" originally provided with the planes for FS9 would work for installing the planes to FSX by just changing the "FS9" destination in the installer to "FSX". SPOFF

Yes, the autoinstallers would work, if you have added FSXAircraft as a simobjects directory in the fsx.cfg file.While on the topic, at my site are some files for upgrading Milton's aircraft to FSX. The easiest way to find the downloads is to read the newsletter which you can link to in the news section.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Agreed. The DC-3 has always been one of my favorite aircraft of all time. I had the freeware MAAM version years ago, but never took the time to send money for the CD payware version.As soon as I saw it was both downloadable, and that there was an FSX patch, I immediately purchased it. It is very very nice to fly the MAAM DC-3 gain...a spectacular bird....and my kind of airliner ;)It may be getting a bit 'long in the tooth' in some areas given when it was originally released (limited VC use, as in some functions/overhead panel/etc.), but I can only imagine that there will be upgrades in the future.Well worth the money IMO.

Hello:All of the birds with the exception of the Briefing Time B25 I simply copied out of my FS9 Aircraft folder. Then I added the "ui_typerole=XXXX" and "ui_createdby=xxxx" lines as applicable to the liveries in the aircraft.cfg file so that they will show up in your aircraft selection options. I also use autohumbnail2 to add the thumbnails (highly recommend it), but you could do it the hard way if that is what you prefer. I have a number of other FS9 aircraft I have also moved or installed into FSX. Occasionally a gauge might need to be replaced in a panel, but by far in large all have flown fine. The major exceptions are old timers that used only fs98 type gauges which do not work (Like the Dassault Falcon and Gulfstream V darn it!). I have the FSD Pilatus, Cheyenne, and Navajo, PSS Concorde, and Dash 8, Dreamfleet Cardinals and Baron, Realair SF-260 and C172's, Flight1 Cessna 421, PMDG B1900D, Twin Bonanza, Bill Lyons Cubs, and Coranedo V35 Bonanza in addition to those I already mentioned. All are old FS9 versions, some really old like the SF-260. The old FS2002 version looks better in FSX than the FS9 update. However, I think I am about to purchase the fSX version that just came out.The only ones I am having trouble with are the Aeroworx King Air and PSS Airbusses. Before a reformat and starting over I had these birds working fine, but now I can't get the panels to play fair. The King Air's 2d panel is black, and the PSS panels are a bit buggy. Wish I could remember my earlier solution. (Heck to get old). I may pursue this again later.I am sure that if you don't have FS9, you could simply download the planes and install them normally into FSX rather than FS9.For the Maam bird, I installed it from my backup CD along with the FS9 patch, then copied my edited panel and/or aircraft.cfg from FS9. Then did the edit adder as mentioned above.Good luck:RTH

RTH,Do you know if the wonderful IFR panel, designed by Mark Beaumont, transfers over and works in the VC of FSX?Thanks a lot,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Yes, it will.Personally I created my own with 'Friendly Panel' 'gauges' (radios and such) and a 'Friendly Panel' 530 GPS (gasp ;) ).

Would you mind sharing your panel.cfg file? I would love to be able to use the IFR radio gauges.Thanks a LOT,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Sure, find it attached.Remember this is only with the 'Friendly Panel' equipment, but you could replace those units with the defaults if you wish (perhaps Bendix units from the Cessna as example). I also have an 'auto-lean' gauge I added to one of the VC windows, but it should not effect anything if you don't. I also use an HSI from another aircraft. (see screen shot).And finaly, I have a 1680x1050 widescreen, so my pop-up windows like the overhead panel have been re-sized accordingly.EDIT: I'll take that back regarding the widescreen settings, I don't think they are included within this config.Also, notice I use the default Maule NAV/GPS switch on the panel. Simply put a copy of the default Maule cab file (in your FSX gauge folder) into your new panel folder. I create a new panel folder...in my case 'panel.FP' and call up the config from my aircraft.cfg using panel=FP. That way I can always use the default panel by using panel=Here is a screen shot of my set-up:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177384.jpg

Thank you very much. Your panel is beautiful.

Howard

Guest Shalomar

I am glad to hear that Mark Beaumont's panel works in FSX. I love this bird in FS9; now that I know I can have that panel in FSX I will install it there.Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.