Sign in to follow this  
kingahmed86

Parking raduis

I got a pay ware airport and it works fine but unfortunately it did not support b777-300ER. 

I made flight plans for the ai but it did not appear and it was appearing in the default airport. 

So I think the parking raduis of my new airport needs to be changed.

Am I right ? And how to increase parking raduis 

AFCAD 2 can add or modify almost all facility elements and several visible elements. This includes runways, taxiways, aprons, parking, communications...

spacer.png

Be very careful using AFCAD 2 with add-on sceneries, especially commercial products.. It can often cause more problems than it solves, being extremely outdated, and will unintentionally change other features.

Use AFX or ADE instead.

John

• Like 1

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

It's not so much the fact that the Afcad2 is old or "outdated" but far more the fact that ADE has many more functions, e.g. the positioning of (scenery) taxiway signs, etc. something which the Afcad2 program certainly does not have. Moreover, if any ADE file is saved by the far simpler Afcad2 program, all such specific scenery objects will be lost.

Always take care though that there are no duplicate airport facility files, e.g. Afcads or ADEs for the same airport in your sim because this will cause unpredicatble issues.

Most modern (payware) sceneries routinely now use ADE instead of Afcad2 and the only way a user (customer) can edit the radius of one or more airport parking positions or for that matter, any other airport attributes, is therefore to directly edit the ADE file in question via the freeware ADE program. Not really a difficult task but as a beginner it does take some time to understand it's basic functions.

Furthermore, any AI aircraft which has your (payware) airport as destination in it's flight plan, will make a perfectly normal approach but will suddenly disappear at the moment of touchdown, e.g. when all parking positions are occupied or there are none of the necessary size (or larger) available. However, if your AI B-777 just never appears at all, then it's most probably that the exact titel name in your AI B-777 aircraft.cfg file, is not exactly the same as that specified in your TTools program or whichever program you use for createing your AI flight plans.

I hope this explanation will help to solve your problem.

Regards and good luck.

Hans

16 hours ago, hjwalter said:

It's not so much the fact that the Afcad2 is old or "outdated" but far more the fact that ADE has many more functions, e.g. the positioning of (scenery) taxiway signs, etc. something which the Afcad2 program certainly does not have. Moreover, if any ADE file is saved by the far simpler Afcad2 program, all such specific scenery objects will be lost.

We agree, really, Hans but it is true to say it is old and outdated because it just wipes out features that have been added by more modern software, features that nobody knew were possible when the last version of AFCAD was released 19 years ago. It isn't just scenery objects that are lost, exclusion rectangles and changes to taxi signs are destroyed too.

I would venture to suggest that over 90% of forum requests for help with default buildings or vegetation showing in add-on sceneries are caused by use of AFCAD2. It really needs well and truly getting rid of!

ADE is indeed free, but there is a steep learning curve as the software works very differently. It is also quite complex for making small tweaks but brilliant for more major scenery development.

AFX isn't free, but I would highly recommend it for those who don't want to spend many hours learning to get ADE to work as they want. The interface of AFX is very much like AFCAD2 and will feel very familiar to those who only make occasional tweaks.

I use both, they will not mess up sceneries.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

On 2/28/2023 at 9:14 PM, hjwalter said:

Always take care though that there are no duplicate airport facility files, e.g. Afcads or ADEs for the same airport in your sim because this will cause unpredicatble issues.

Most modern (payware) sceneries routinely now use ADE instead of Afcad2 and the only way a user (customer) can edit the radius of one or more airport parking positions or for that matter, any other airport attributes, is therefore to directly edit the ADE file in question via the freeware ADE program. Not really a difficult task but as a beginner it does take some time to understand it's basic functions.

Furthermore, any AI aircraft which has your (payware) airport as destination in it's flight plan, will make a perfectly normal approach but will suddenly disappear at the moment of touchdown, e.g. when all parking positions are occupied or there are none of the necessary size (or larger) available. However, if your AI B-777 just never appears at all, then it's most probably that the exact titel name in your AI B-777 aircraft.cfg file, is not exactly the same as that specified in your TTools program or whichever program you use for createing your AI flight plans.

I hope this explanation will help to solve your problem.

Regards and good luck.

Hans

My b777 was appearing in flight and never appears on grd. 

B747 when landed it disappears

So I am sure it was parking raduis.i downloaded a program and decreased b777-300 and it works fine with me. I was afraid using afcad or ade as I am still beginner.