Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Pay ware plane, Functionality vs Eye Candy

After flying for months the default FSX 737-800 with his beautiful VC cockpit but only poor real life functionality, I take the step to buy the Level-D 767-300 for FSX because I wanted to increase my skills with a full functional FMC etc.Because a lot of forum members are curious about it and there is still a long wait before a good 737 pay ware version is on the horizon I

I think the problem with complicated airliners is that if you make the VC cockpit textures extremely detailed coupled with all of those active gauges and MFDs the framerates will crumble. I think the airliner developers are always trying to balance the two to keep performance to an acceptable level. Correct me if I am wrong.Now maybe Airliner XP Airbus have come up with a way to do both and still keep the performance up. We'll see whenever it gets released.Mike

After upgrading my Level D 767 to FSX, I was not disapointed since going in I was aware that it was originally designed for FS9. However is still quite a masterpeice. What a thrill it is making a Cat III auto-land in zero visibility in the Level D.Ron

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

I love the VC in the LVD D 767 for FSX. Especially with Bloom on and the sun behind you. The sun reflection and bloom hitting the dash is unreal (I mean..really really real)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes, but that is not my point, I see that in every VC within FSX.I still want a quality VC as the default 737 with the functions of the Level-D. It's only a cosmetic issue....

>Yes, but that is not my point, I see that in every VC within>FSX.>I still want a quality VC as the default 737 with the>functions of the Level-D. It's only a cosmetic issue....OK, I admit, I had not flown the default 737 before, so I loaded it up. I will say for a default plane it does not look too bad, but the cockpit suffers from what I dislike about most of the default planes. The fine detail is smudged and especially the text graphics are mostly unreadable. In my opinion, the VC in the Level D is superior as everything is crisp and quite legible. What are you seeing that I am not?Also, I am using a 8800GTX at 1600x1200 with max AA and AF. There is slight shimmer in the gauges but the overall look and feel is still far superior to the default cockpits on my computer anyway.

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

>After flying for months the default FSX 737-800 with his>beautiful VC cockpit but only poor real life functionality, I>take the step to buy the Level-D 767-300 for FSX because I>wanted to increase my skills with a full functional FMC etc.>>Because a lot of forum members are curious about it and there>is still a long wait before a good 737 pay ware version is on>the horizon I

Maybe because you are running at 1600x1200 but as you said, a slight shimmer in the gauges. This becomes in my case even more at 1280x1024Correct me if i am wrong but running all full AA and AF at 1600x1200 and still shimmer... It's a bloody shame for a payware plane with such a good name and install base. I also have seen other, more worst VC's from Wilco etc. and don't even want them for free just because the poor VC's.Don't get me wrong, the functionality of the Level-D 767 is amazing but they advertising with, the FSX version is completly rewritten so I also expected a new fresh, sharp and shimmer free dashboard, not a FS2004 cockpit. 2D cockpit is looking good but I am also a TrackIr fan so the VC is a must for me.Don't know if I have another default 737 but ik can read the text on the steering wheel etc. and the glass displays (gauges) are amazing sharp without any shimmering.Give me that kind af eye candy + the functions of the 767 and I am happy but still have to wait...Happy Landings...

Ok, I have figured it out, I reset my 'Global Texture Resolution' max setting and now I can read all the text that was looking blurred. Earlier attempt to save FPS I think.I now agree the 737 cockpit does look pretty good, Microsoft gauges could be better though. They don't update as smooth as most good aftermarket gauges.

I had never tried the 'Global Texture Resolution'setting, and agree that the default B76NG is really quite good. As the original poster pointed out, low on the functionality. But it is really smooth on frame rates :)Bruce.