Sign in to follow this  
Illegitimi non carborundum

RealAir SF-260 Canopy Question.

About the only issue I have found with the old models is the Canopy texture. With the oldest, which I believe I purchased for FS-2002 I see no problem. With the updated model (For FS2004) the canopy does not show up. The frame opens fine, but no glass is visable.All models fly pretty darn good to me in FSX, even the oldest, but I am curious if anyone has found a solution for the invisable canopy in the later version. If so, I sure would appreciate it if you would share your solution.I see the new FSX model of this bird is now available and is certainly the easiest solution @ of only about $18.00 USA. Anyone have it? What is your evaluation compared to the old model? What's new? Are you able to import your old liveries?Thanks:RTH

For the money (as I have the FS9 version), I did not hesitate to purchase the FSX version. It is improved in many ways, not simply 'ported' for FSX use.Same with the Scout.RealAir's cost (to FS9 model users) for these *upgraded* packages are nothing short of impressive, to say the least.

Thanks for the input:I have my credit card out, and I had talked myself into not buying anything else for FSX until it proves itself a bit more. Oh, welll!Thanks again:RTH

You won't regret it. The upgrade for FSX is easy on the pocket, easy on the eyes and easy on frame rates - luvly jubbly. :-)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Thanks John:I bought it, flew it, love it, and also highly recommend it.I do have an observation or two on another post which should be totally ignored by anybody who is an avid 3d Virtual panel fanatic.Thanks again:RTH

Guest christian

We're going to run a comprehensive review of the SF.260 FSX version at www.simpilotnet.com in our next issue, which is going live on the 1st of Sep. If you want a summmary, this is one of the best aircraft you can buy...Christian

Thanks Christian:I have already bought it, flown it, love it, and highly recommend it! (The new FSX version).I do have a couple of observations on another post, but they certainly are no biggies and probably will be ultimately forgotten.Thanks again for the reply.RTH

HiI am currently flying in real time with real weather (ActiveSky X)from London Stanstead to the west coast of Canada, flying over Iceland and Greenland on the way over the Atlantic, its going to be a nice long slow trip in my SF260....it is a MEGA airplane!RegardsPaul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

I flew one from Oxford (EGTK) to New Zealand, back at the beginning of the year. (via France, Spain, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Oman, Pakistan, India, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia...) Took 126 flight hours over 41 legs, but it was great fun, and only let down by the poor scenery over much of the world!And after that, I still enjoy flying it! :)