Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

AN-225 Out Now

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Does anyone know how to adjust the default viewpoint of the pilot? It is to much zoomed out or to far from the panel, it looks like looking through fisheye lenses... I do not have this issue with any other aircraft...

Yep, this.  It's annoying.  They've zoomed out instead of moving back.  It's created the distortion.  Needs to be fixed, I agree.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

I published a wishlist on their discord :

That's a really cool plane to fly, but some extra stuff could make it even better, here are some suggestion bellow, first what could be implemented in a short-medium time frame:

- TOD calculator on the EFB, similar to the one on Just Flight 146

- Fuel management from the EFB

- Being able to click on a weight value and change it by using a virtual keypad, like on the A310

- Option to remove the GNS530 or make it INOP, for pure VOR/ADF navigation

- Being able to move the GNS530 unit to the left. Now if I am in toga or climb power the thrust lever will cover the GNS screen.

- Acceleration on the BOTM ECHELON, start with 1, then 10 and finally 100

- Is that a weather radar on the left of the GNS530? Would it be possible to use it with current weather radar API, not perfect, but it's working

-Tutorial series on YouTube, with historical flights, Review of all systems, gauges, switches that are not INOP and maybe some AN-225 history nixed up

- Tooltip when over instruments gauges not just switches

- Tooltip that shows us the state one switch is in, exemple on the checklist I have to put a switch to the ON position, but it's a three way switch,

- TO performance calculator like on the A310

-Performance boost, mainly CPU, it's worse than the Fenix A320 on my system

- Missing the door and interior at the back of the cargo

Long time frame or maybe never:

- Some texture improvement in some area of the cockpit

- Ground courses, missions and challenges inside MSFS for this plane

- Possibility to swap the GNS530, for a GTN750, CJ4 FMS or some kind of old school INS unit

- Buran as a payload, if Antonov agrees

I would like to see an advanced version of it, even if it's 50-60$ extra

Edited by bendead

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

Does anyone know how to adjust the default viewpoint of the pilot? It is to much zoomed out or to far from the panel, it looks like looking through fisheye lenses... I do not have this issue with any other aircraft...

Generally you can set the viewpoint as you wish and press whatever key combo you have assigned to set VFR view (I think that’s the command, not in front of my computer right now).  Mine is ctrl alt v.  That will now be your default view.  There are also view customizations available on flightsim.to.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

1 hour ago, JaseMelbo said:

Yep, this.  It's annoying.  They've zoomed out instead of moving back.  It's created the distortion.  Needs to be fixed, I agree.

Is it there any cameras.cfg file inside the An-225 folder? If so, try finding the line that says InitialZoom= and change the value to a reasonable one. I don't remember the default, if it's 0.7 or 1.0; that's why I didn't give any values.

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I got it yesterday and took a quick VFR trip from Pease up to Bangor (ex-military bases have nice long runways).  Flies quite well.  Sounds great in the cockpit. Trim wheel with my Honeycomb Alpha is very sensitive.  ATC told me they didn't recognize the squawk setting, so I couldn't even use flight following.  Uses a lot of runway for takeoff, not so bad for landing.  Taxis/turns easily in spite of its size.   Later, I did some touch and goes on the Kennedy Space Center 16,000' runway, then landed successfully at Jacksonville.   Just watched a Youtube vid on AN 225 autopilot use which will be a help.  Great acquisition.  

Edited by Jeff_M

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

You can permanently change any default viewpoint in any plane via the command in the control settings: "VFR Pilot View Save". Set a key for it, change your view as you like and then hit the key. Saved.
 @JaseMelbo

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bendead said:

I published a wishlist on their discord :

That's a really cool plane to fly, but some extra stuff could make it even better, here are some suggestion bellow, first what could be implemented in a short-medium time frame:

- TOD calculator on the EFB, similar to the one on Just Flight 146

- Fuel management from the EFB

- Being able to click on a weight value and change it by using a virtual keypad, like on the A310

- Option to remove the GNS530 or make it INOP, for pure VOR/ADF navigation

- Being able to move the GNS530 unit to the left. Now if I am in toga or climb power the thrust lever will cover the GNS screen.

- Acceleration on the BOTM ECHELON, start with 1, then 10 and finally 100

- Is that a weather radar on the left of the GNS530? Would it be possible to use it with current weather radar API, not perfect, but it's working

-Tutorial series on YouTube, with historical flights, Review of all systems, gauges, switches that are not INOP and maybe some AN-225 history nixed up

- Tooltip when over instruments gauges not just switches

- Tooltip that shows us the state one switch is in, exemple on the checklist I have to put a switch to the ON position, but it's a three way switch,

- TO performance calculator like on the A310

-Performance boost, mainly CPU, it's worse than the Fenix A320 on my system

- Missing the door and interior at the back of the cargo

Long time frame or maybe never:

- Some texture improvement in some area of the cockpit

- Ground courses, missions and challenges inside MSFS for this plane

- Possibility to swap the GNS530, for a GTN750, CJ4 FMS or some kind of old school INS unit

- Buran as a payload, if Antonov agrees

I would like to see an advanced version of it, even if it's 50-60$ extra

And what else :

Do you want to live forever..🥳

cheers 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, bendead said:

Option to remove the GNS530 or make it INOP, for pure VOR/ADF navigation

The real thing had a GNS530. It makes absolutely no sense to revert back to something that an extra person did in the real thing before it was installed. You either fly, or you navigate, you don't do both.

7 minutes ago, Farlis said:

The real thing had a GNS530. It makes absolutely no sense to revert back to something that an extra person did in the real thing before it was installed. You either fly, or you navigate, you don't do both.

No, it's not GNS530, where did you see that?

21 hours ago, RickShaw58 said:

Exciting to see that we will have an airport to fly Mriya out of soon https://orbxdirect.com/product/gazsim-ukkm-msfs

Shhhh. But, thanks for posting this. I saw this appear in my feed and joined avsim to come say hello 😀It will be live soon. I'm finalising a couple of last minute animations I want to add. Updates/screens in the gazsim discord. Scope-creep in projects is real, apparently. 😂 Thanks again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oh_Gaz said:

joined avsim to come say hello 😀It will be live soon.

Hello and welcome! You've got at least one confirmed sale here as soon as it's available - looks great.

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

6 hours ago, Farlis said:

The real thing had a GNS530.

Some AN-124s were refitted with a Garmin not the AN-225.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hello and welcome! You've got at least one confirmed sale here as soon as it's available - looks great.

Thanks so much. It started with "build a hangar for that big plane thing", and upload it to community.  Now im sitting here animating Ukrainian soldiers. What have I done with my life?. :)
That said, my appreciation for Antonov and their designs has gone up immensely. I adore their designs now. I never was a fan back in the day.