Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

New SU 12 Beta Update [1.31.19.0] - February 27th, 2023

CJ4 panel flickers constantly but no fix listed....

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

25 minutes ago, Fielder said:

The best way to avoid all problems may be to stay out the BETAs.

or to use AddonLinker and temporarily activate only what you need for a specific flight.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Currently in the Longitude over New Zealand and boy oh boy do the clouds look delicious!

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

double post

Edited by Krakin

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

or to use AddonLinker and temporarily activate only what you need for a specific flight.

Using Addon Linker to activate and deactivate folders in the Official parent folder can be done, so I'm told. But so far I only use it on the Community folder. Maybe I should start practicing doing that on both folders 🙂

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I'm having even worse problems now with data loading from the server. It just keeps on saying connection lost every time I try to load into an airport. Using map replacement tool doesn't seem to make much difference. Then it just CTDs. Incredibly frustrating!

Anyone else having problems?

To me, the AAU1 was a bit disappointing and was hoping they would cure them in SU12, but it looks it's not the case. AAU1 added a lot of functionalities to the WT's G3000/5000, but not much to the aircraft themselves. The TBM is still opening the front cargo and the pilot doors with a single command, instead of being totally independent as they should, and all cabin aural sounds are missing. The CJ4 and the Longitude looks like hermetic bodies, without opening doors and airstairs, being the model the same as the originally released aircraft back in 2020.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

To me, the AAU1 was a bit disappointing and was hoping they would cure them in SU12, but it looks it's not the case. AAU1 added a lot of functionalities to the WT's G3000/5000, but not much to the aircraft themselves. The TBM is still opening the front cargo and the pilot doors with a single command, instead of being totally independent as they should, and all cabin aural sounds are missing. The CJ4 and the Longitude looks like hermetic bodies, without opening doors and airstairs, being the model the same as the originally released aircraft back in 2020.

The Longitude doesn't have a modelled interior where the door is, so I can't see them adding that as an option. The AAUs are just to the avionics, not the art assets.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I'm not gonna be miffed about doors opening and closing when my Longitude is flying complicated flight plans like a dream. It's ok to want those things, don't get me wrong but I think we should let it be known to Asobo instead of assuming they'd do it by default.

3 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

I'm having even worse problems now with data loading from the server. It just keeps on saying connection lost every time I try to load into an airport. Using map replacement tool doesn't seem to make much difference. Then it just CTDs. Incredibly frustrating!

Anyone else having problems?

=========================================================================================================================

Wanted to say, I seem to have resolved this problem now. Deleted the DX shader cache and ran a disk clean up and suddenly all is good! I hadn't realised this was what my problems were, although I have done this after other major updates. It was also confusing that it had been working better before last night's update... with no CTDs. Fairly obvious really...

• Like 1

Stutters and pauses are back 😞

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

5 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Stutters and pauses are back 😞

Yeah... Just took off from CYYZ. Everything was very smooth until I started my TO roll. Slide show. Almost crashed. Turned on the AP at 500', and let it ride. Just turned off the landing lights and seatbelt signs and it seems to be back to normal. Wonder how my arrival in Boston is gonna go.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

The Longitude doesn't have a modelled interior where the door is, so I can't see them adding that as an option. The AAUs are just to the avionics, not the art assets.

So why they say it's an Aircraft and Avionics Update (AAU)??

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

23 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Yeah... Just took off from CYYZ. Everything was very smooth until I started my TO roll. Slide show. Almost crashed. Turned on the AP at 500', and let it ride. Just turned off the landing lights and seatbelt signs and it seems to be back to normal. Wonder how my arrival in Boston is gonna go.

so did you do what rayharris108 helped: Deleted the DX shader cache and ran a disk clean up and suddenly all is good!

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

10 minutes ago, DAD said:

so did you do what rayharris108 helped: Deleted the DX shader cache and ran a disk clean up and suddenly all is good!

Unfortunately, I skipped doing that, and deleting the scenery indexes as I usually do after installing the update last night.

I even have a powershell script to do all of it for me and I usually run it right after I install a new version. I just forgot to run it before flying this morning. That's probably what caused it.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440