Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

FSX RealAir SF-260 Panel Questions?

First of all, I think RealAir did a fantastic job, but is there any way to add shortcuts or 3rd party addons to the panel?On all of my aircraft panels I add some combination of RwyInfo, RKG Fuel Stat, RKG Speed, Timer, and AIRadar. Sometimes this ole man gets lazy and convience takes the place of reality as well, so I would like to have a Nav/Gps toggle switch as well regardless of what the real bird has (You wouldn't believe my Bill Lyons J3 Cub, and I use to have one, a heritic bird painted silver by the previous owner)These can be put in added windows and come up fine either from the options toolbar at the top of the display, or from shift + number keys. I have not found any way to add the gauges to the panel itself. Therefore, it would also be a big help to be able to add shortcuts to the panel, but I have had no success with this either (third party 1,2,3,a,b,c, etc.)Even what is called the 2d Panel looks to me like it is really 3d (virtual, and it is great). The cockpit selection in views is empty, but there is a virtual and 2d Panel view (both look like 3d to me - not a complaint they are extremely well done).I have had no success in trying to edit the panel.cfg. Panel studio finds nothing to edit except the windows I have added.Anyone know of any way to add anything to this panel as referenced above.Thanks:RTH

Unlike the FS9 version, the panel (for the most part) is a part of the model itself. I looked into this as well, and I had my FS9 version modified a bit. What I realized is that the radio stack is totally modeled, and the only thing the radio gauge 'lines' in the panel config do is provide the read-out for the gauges. Thus, no swapping these out with a Garmin 430 GPS, or similar.I've come to grips with it, as I have the Scout, and simply use these FSX birds without the GPS link, although I believe you could still make that work. You could add the GPS/NAV switch to your GPS (window) pop-up display for instance (I tend to use the default Maules switch, and simply put it's cab into the panel folder).But for right now, I've simply left it alone, and enjoy flying the 'old fashion way'.

Hi. I have added the n-number plaque, Simicons and the GPS/NAV switch to the 2D and IFR panel using FSPanelStudio with no problem. PM me and I'll send the panel.cfg to you. Regards, Bob.

If you use FSUPIC, why not set a keyboard key to handle the job?

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Good Morning Bob:Some progress, and I have sent a PM to you with my email address and a request for a copy of your panel.cfg.What window did you bring up in order to edit with Panel Studio?I edited my aircraft.cfgeyepoints from 1.94 to 2.44 and like the forward vision much better than with the original high nose of the aircraft. Probably could stand a little more of a tweak somewhere between the original setting and what I have now but that can wait.I also discovered that for CameraDefinition.1 in the aircraft.cfg's, the following edit was needed in order to pan in the so called 2d mode:SnapPbhAdjust = SwivelSnapPbhReturn = FalsePanPbhAdjust = SwivelPanPbhReturn = FalseFor some reason, only this window remained in the ordinal, true configuration in spite of being edited as above in the main camera.cfg file. All other aircraft 2d panels (so far) can be panned with this root edit.Thanks for the help:RTHEDIT: DISCOVERY!!!!Forget all my confusion. I have been bringing up the "RealAir SF-260 Left Seat" files. I don't fully understand the format between this selection and the "RealAir SF-260" selection, but all gauges are ONLY addressed in the "RealAir SF-260". I see where they are now, and how it can be edited. I am curious to see what shows up in the Left Seat model after I do this.Sorry for the confusion.Thanks again:RTH

OK, I now have everything edited as I personally prefer in both the 2d and IFR Panels. I have the RKG, RwyInfo, Extra Nav/Gps switch, and shortcut gauges (including several of the defaults) installed.For what it is worth to anybody, if your system is like mine, you will have to put the left seat model to sleep in order to access the right seat model in Panel Studio. Otherwise, when I chose the SF-260 in panel studio it always comes up with the left seat model which only gives you the text option for the virtual cockpit. In the left seat model, inspite of saying "2d" I don't think there is anything available except virtual which as near as I can tell is not accessable with Panel Studio for this bird. The only option available on the toobar is "main" in comparison to the right seat model which lets you choose several panel options for editing.In any case, I edited my left seat model "aircraft.cfg" and "panel" to be "aircraft.sleep" and "panel sleep" (Both are probably not necessary and you can name them anything, but this was expedient to me.) Then Panel Studio came up with the complete right seat model panel which could be edited as desired.As always, be sure to back up your originals before you change anything so that you can always get back to go if things start to smell bad.I wonder if anyone else was confused, or am I the only dummy? (NOW BE KIND!)Happy flying:RTH