Sign in to follow this  
Danlance

Assistance with LNM FS2020 Data import

I have a query regarding importing scenery data from FS2020, particularly when FS itself ins installed on  a separate drive, and with reference to importing airports which were added within World Updates.

I play on Xbox - and don't have a Windows PC, but do have a couple of Macs.

I've had LNM installed on my Mac - but due to not having (or being able to install FS2020) on a mac, I've been limited to the included Navigraph Scenery Library... which is AIRAC cycle 1801... and is massively out of date with respect to procedures in particular.

As such, and specifically to load the FS2020 scenery Library into the LNM db (to then copy to my mac installation) I have installed FS2020 within a windows VM on one of my macs (not viable to play, but just to load the data)

Due to the size of the installation, and the limited capacity on the existing virtual drive, I attached a secondary virtual drive with adequate capacity, and selected this as installation location for FS.

After default installation had completed, I then proceeded to install all the airports and POI from the world updates.

This did install a load of data to the secondary drive - but when I came to import the scenery from FS into LNM, this identified my installation folder as a subdirectory of C:\Users (specifically C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages - and proceeded to import airports and scenery data etc. from that location.

On completion of import, I then went to check LNM, for one of the newly added airports within the latest world update - specifically  T004 Quintin Lodge - and the airport was not imported.

So I suppose my questions are as follows:
- Can anyone with LNM who has installed the airports from the latest WU, and has subsequently updated LNM scenery - confirm if this airport is available in LNM
- Can someone explain to me why when I specified to install to the secondary drive, there is still enough data present within C:\users subfolder (including packages folder etc.) for importing into LNM
- Can anyone advise with this setup how to get LNM to look at both drives (or advise where I should point it to to include the WU data)... as only one location appears to be specifiable within LNM

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi,

I have further checked my FS installation... and for some reason WU12 had not been downloaded from the store... even though I have it installed on my XBox using the same profile...

I have now installed the airports from this update, and the missing airport is now appearing in LNM.

With respect to the installation paths - on further investigation the profile folders have been symlinked to the secondary drive - so the path on C drive is pointing to F drive... all good there.

Everything is  now resolved.

On 2/28/2023 at 1:57 PM, Danlance said:

which is AIRAC cycle 1801... and is massively out of date with respect to procedures in particular.

This is provided for free by Navigraph. You have to get a subscription for latest navdata. You can also use the MSFS navdata with some limitations but it is good enough for flight planning (https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.8/en/SCENERY.html#load-scenery-library-dialog-msfs-apt-navdata).

Anyway, glad it is resolved. Quite a complicated setup. I cannot even put MSFS in a VM since it refuses to install due to graphics limitations.

Alex