Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Microsoft builds FSX into Vista next year!?

I'm lost too B.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Good ole PMSNBC. Did you read the article?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Based on the subject of this post "Microsoft builds FSX into Vista next year!?"I don't think the person posting has a clue of what was written in the article or what VISTA SP1 is even about.

>I gotta tell you, man, this time you've completely lost me. >Maybe I've just been up too long today.I think MauiHawk is trying to point out that the image used for the background picture on the Desktop in the Vista article looks remarkably like the location used for the FSX Direct X 10 "magic screenie".Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

>I think MauiHawk is trying to point out that the image used>for the background picture on the Desktop in the Vista article>looks remarkably like the location used for the FSX Direct X>10 "magic screenie".... and it looks like we were both preparing our replies at the same time :-)Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Looks great, is that how FSX is supposed to look with SP2?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>>I gotta tell you, man, this time you've completely lost me.>>>Maybe I've just been up too long today.>>I think MauiHawk is trying to point out that the image used>for the background picture on the Desktop in the Vista article>looks remarkably like the location used for the FSX Direct X>10 "magic screenie".>>Jeff>>Of course it does. The magic screenie was a manipulated image based on a desktop wallpaper included in Vista.I spoiled the joke, at least for myself, and I apologize. I've been up way too long the past few days.

Yeah that thing was purposefully the same location as the Vista wallpaper... I forget where it is, in WA or OR somewhere I think.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest MauiHawk

>Yeah that thing was purposefully the same location as the>Vista wallpaper... I forget where it is, in WA or OR somewhere>I think.oh...heh. Now I feel silly. I actually checked my wallpapers before posting that to see if it was something that was already included (ie, that the magic screenie might be copied from). I guess I didn't look hard enough. I guess I slaughtered the joke from the get-go. And I thought it was a good one, too...

Crysis looks a lot better than that. So much for FSX.

Nowhere does it state it will run 8 times faster! I guess thats comming soon.

That was a pre-SP1 estimate. It should be much faster post-SP1.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.