Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Microsoft builds FSX into Vista next year!?

All I can say is that there BEST be some God rays in dx10 just like in that picture. World at war has them and fsx dx10 better as well.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest PARADISE

" It will improve the sytems security......". Sounds like more hurdles to overcome to get it to run games. The article says there will be an increase in performance...let's hope so.

>Crysis looks a lot better than that. So much for FSX.FSX would look pretty sweet too if ACES had 3 years to model Maui... and nothing else. ;)

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

I missed somthing here.The title.The responses.What is it all about?I just don't get it!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest Pilot533

Wait, this doesnt mean that sp2 has been delayed until 2008 does it?

>Wait, this doesnt mean that sp2 has been delayed until 2008>does it?Ok.Here's what the article is talking about.Microsoft is putting out a service pack for Vista. That's for the operating system, not FSX or anything. This service pack (which, incidentally, should have DX10.1 on it, if I recall correctly) should be out in 2008, early from the looks of it.Since no one has said differently, I'm assuming that SP2 for FSX is on schedule. It's being beta tested right now.The screenshot of vista in the article uses a wallpaper that was what one of the magic screenies was based on, so the joke was that they were including FSX with the Vista SP2, which, to Mauihawk's credit, is pretty funny when we cleared up the confusion.

Ah-hah! Since the new style of Vista is called "Aero", it stands to reason that we should be using flight sim controls to navigate the user interface! :D :D

'People' is a plural meaning a group of persons. 'Peoples' is a word that dosen't exist.

Dave Taylor gb.png