Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Decided to try UltimateDefrag tonight...

Guest Shep

>It works fine for me I just put FSX, windows on the outer>fast area.. However it seems to take an age sometimes>reporting 151hrs to complete !!??What O/S are you using? I know UD version I tried on Vista 64-BIT left much not defrag and so I reverted to O&O Version 8.6. Have since bought the O&O version 10 upgrade and that performs perfectly on Vista 64-BIT with 100% defrag.Ray

Guest ightenhill

Im using xp, I think I'll hold off on vista until it stops being a beta ;)

Guest Shep

>Im using xp, I think I'll hold off on vista until it stops>being a beta ;):-lol Times still when I think I should have waited too but generally, after a few problems in the early days, it performs perfectly. The 64-BIT (HP) with 4Gb RAM, runs FSX without stutters/blurries and that was all I was worried about. Will add that it's taken me and my self-build system many months to get somewhere near correct so it wasn't easy at all.FSX Spec PCE6700 @ 3.2GHz: Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus: (BIOS 805) EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB KO ACS3:4Gb Corsair TwinX PC6400:WD 150Gb Raptors:Toughpower 850W PSU:Vista HP 64-BIT:Ray

Guest danny68

I use Perfect disk and find no problems with it. I don't see the point of using these complex de fraggers that need all this tweaking and researching to get things working well.Let's think about this for a second.What extra real performance gain will you get using something like ultimate defrag compared to any other good one?Okay, files are more organized on Ultimate defrag if you are trying to produce ultimate performance. But what does that mean in real terms.The changes are you wouldn't know the difference and if a real blind trail was done I'd put money on it 99% of users had know idea if a computer that had just been de fraged was defraged by one particular defragger? Ultimate or not?Let's put this another way if you like. I don't read any posts that read something like.I just got Ultimate Defrag and wow. Now all my performance issues are gone. FPS has definitely gone up from and average of 24.1 fps to 24.3 and I can prove it. Micro stutters are harder to prove but for sure these have gone now or almost gone...... The point is these posts just are not made so the truth is it's all behind the ears and in the imagination. At least it is in real terms. Save your money and buy something useful for FSX like ASX or take your wife out for a meal.Dan

Ken,Where is this tutorial for optimising UD for FS?Thanks,Don

Don Maxwell (toothjockey) San Diego, CA
Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

I tried the 30 day trial ware version of this program and noticed no difference in FSX performance from the default XP defragger. As they say in the movie world - "These are not the droids you are looking for".Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11