Sign in to follow this  
Slayer68

End of product support for Prepar3D

To Rogen:

Could you please explain how you got the MD530 to work with the key. I do not understand your terminology of creating a "junction" point. I made sure the key was in the .ini file and installed with admin rights, but as soon as I try to fly, it terminates P3D with "invalid key".  Thanks for your help. I sure would like to get this to work.

On 3/18/2023 at 5:57 AM, Slayer68 said:

You may have to search the old forum for the FSX link.

Thanks for the help, i dont think you can register onto the forum to find this link , i tried but see a register option

Edited by XMAN

On 3/22/2023 at 9:29 AM, BokChoy said:

To Rogen:

Could you please explain how you got the MD530 to work with the key. I do not understand your terminology of creating a "junction" point. I made sure the key was in the .ini file and installed with admin rights, but as soon as I try to fly, it terminates P3D with "invalid key".  Thanks for your help. I sure would like to get this to work.

Hey @BokChoy

You need to either quote the post or use @Rogen for me to see a notification of a post, just lucky I was paroosing the threads to see your post.

Anyway, although I did use a junction point it doesn't apply to the key in the ini file.

And as far as I can see the installer would work just fine if you chose to install to the P3D sim root.

If you install to the sim root the aircraft folder would end up in ~\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\MILVIZ_MD_530

And the ini with the key would end up in ~\Prepar3D v4\Milviz

If the MVMD530.ini is in the ~\Prepar3D v4\Milviz folder path the plane should find it.

The ini file contains a [GENERAL] section with three values underneith being, Key= Company= Username=

Make sure the Key= value has 4 x 3 number each with a short dash between and no leading or trailing spaces.

Let us know what you find.

And below are a couple of posts, one is regarding the MD530 and some fixes I did, the other is about using a junction point / add-on.xml hybrid install.

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

On 3/1/2023 at 9:13 PM, Slayer68 said:

As you are aware we are no longer selling or supporting P3D products as of January 1.

It was decided to give back to the community and we have released most of our products (a few exceptions) as a free downloads.

The link for the freebies can be found on the bottom of our webpage and the old Milviz support forum is viewable by anyone as a read only archive.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you in the skies of MSFS.

Great news. Is the low-res version of the 350i available for download?

On 3/30/2023 at 11:15 AM, Holdit said:

Great news. Is the low-res version of the 350i available for download?

I believe that is an option in the installer. You just have to unselect one of the checkboxes during install and it will use the low rez textures,

• Like 1

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

On 5/11/2023 at 1:37 AM, StephaneS said:

Do you know if there any email support please for this products ?

The title of the thread should provide the answer...

"End of product support for Prepar3D"

But there is always user to user support options were fans help out each other.

What's the prob that you need support for ?

Cheers

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

I have this problem : 

MVAMS is not changing config file of the aircraft about Weight..... (not a problem of administrator mode).... i found a lot's of bug in this aircraft....

On 5/12/2023 at 6:08 PM, StephaneS said:

MVAMS is not changing config file of the aircraft about Weight..... (not a problem of administrator mode).... i found a lot's of bug in this aircraft....

Hi @StephaneS,

Ok I installed this plane and took a look.

And yes I can see not all the P3D "Fuel and Payload" stations are reflecting the values entered into the MVAMS.

From what I can see the MVAMS updates the ini values in \MVAMS\Configurations\B732\ successfully.

And it seems the values are then read by the MV_732_ACM.dll, where I assume they are intended to be injected into the Aircraft.cfg or are used in some other way, I didn't find any clarity on how it is intended to function, but going by the fact that some of the values are injected into the aircraft.cfg I assume the rest should be too.

And a review of the Milviz forum shows gpxe never raised the issue, so it was never investigated / resolved or even commented further on.

As a workaround what can be done is disable the MV_732_ACM gauge in the panel configs,

e.g. comment out the gauge.

//gauge03=MV_732_ACM!ACM_Control,  0,0,1,1,0

With the gauge commented out the "Fuel and Payload" stations will reflect the values in the aircraft.cfg's [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] section.

The stations can then be all populated with default max values (or some other defaults) and as part of the startup checklist manually adjust the values within P3D's "Fuel and Payload" config window.

Or you can set up a collection of aircraft.cfg and swap in/out or rename as needed, or add / comment the station values in the aircraft.cfg.

Personally I'd go for just maxing out the values in the aircraft.cfg and make adjusting the values in the "Fuel and Payload" window part of my checklist.

Would be nice if Blackbird would fix this as it's a bit af a real problem and not solvable outside of having the source code and the enviroment to build the dll.

But if they could provide an accurate understanding of how it is intended to actually function a member of the community could probably write something to replace it.

Thinking about it there would be a need to identify the aircraft being flown, set the pathing, read the correct ini, inject the values and do it all while the aircraft is being loaded.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hello Rogen,

Thank you very much for your solution ! It is an amazing investigation.

Maybe it is a problem of Windows 7x64 (french version) and P3D (in kgs)....?

Something strange : 

in the file : "Milviz B737-200 Piedmont.ini" for example, it is written

[Payload]
Fuel=14102
s4=1700

but s4 means 170 lbs and i'm in KGS !!!, why a zero more ? why is it not in kgs ? .... their tool is not working well...Fortunately, the product is free, otherwise it is a shame to sell a product that does not work. For such simple and basic things. I would never buy their planes on MSFS.

Autopilot is not working too, and the FD (Flight Director)....

Their products worked on FSX (according to the youtube videos) but not on P3D in 2023 !

Take care.

Edited by StephaneS

4 hours ago, StephaneS said:

Autopilot is not working too, and the FD (Flight Director)....

Actually the AP does work within the limits of what it is, as too do the Flight Director handlebars.

Bit of a trick to getting the FD running.

• Flip the in cockpit AP enable levers up.
  • Then use the Keyboard Z key to disable.
  • At that point the AP warning light will light and warning sound will play.
  • Click the warning button to off and the the FD bars should rise.
  • You can also flip the two AP switches up to re-engage the AP controlling surfaces.

Cheers

PS. A pic to show it all happening, and yep the GPS is the GTN 750, just through it in quickly and needs to be suitably resized.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 1

Thank you very much ! Is the "PITCH CMD  (set the pitch bar on the FD to a certain pitch -10 +15) working with you ?

7 hours ago, StephaneS said:

The needles of EPR are not working with off the gauge3

//gauge03=MV_732_ACM!ACM_Control,  0,0,1,1,0

Well... there you go, the gauge obviously does more than just populate the fuel and payload.

Looks like it's going to be deadend getting the dll resolved, back to manual loadouts and manual data entry I'm afraid.

Now that I've got the plane installed and have added the RXP GTN 750, I might also add an FMS given that MilViz removed what they had originally.

This looks like many x86 to x64 movements I've seen, where some are great with no issues and others are at best a half baked effort and left to langish.

Maybe the original FMS was a contract job, maybe the license was limited, or maybe the person who developed it has moved on and there is no-one left who has the knowledge to continue with it.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen