Sign in to follow this  
maxymaxy

Losing Patience with FSX

Guest stpierce

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have tried all of them, but the stutters remain. I did reinstall my video drivers again and that seemed to help a little bit. Next step is to trash the ATA drive and install a WD Raptor. I did notice that the bigger pauses/stutters are happening during hard drive accesses, but the smaller ones are happening all the time.

>Thanks for all the suggestions. I have tried all of them, but>the stutters remain. I did reinstall my video drivers again>and that seemed to help a little bit. Next step is to trash>the ATA drive and install a WD Raptor. I did notice that the>bigger pauses/stutters are happening during hard drive>accesses, but the smaller ones are happening all the time.2 more suggestions1. Defrag the drive if already not done.2. Try with any anti virus you have switched off.

Hi,I am not sure if this will help much...I have a triplehead2go, Vista Ult, 6400@3ghz 4GB ram, 8800GTS 320MB running at 3840x1024. I am running scenery with max LOD, mesh 100, 7cm res. No water, no autogen. nHancer 4xS, Aniso x16. Traffic is 100%. Weather max detail but not using ActiveSky. I have set the frame lock to 25 which it achieves most of the time except at busy airports when it drops to 15 or so. I am using 1m photo scenery from Ymaps. Using the Bell at 100 knots. So this is a serious graphics load on the PC which is the limiting device.I was getting micro stutters but instead of trying for days to find out what it was...I reinstalled FSX and it disappeared. My guess is that an addon has changed something in the cfg file like TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 (instead of 40) which one of my previous addons did without asking.I think the clue is that it is more noticeable when you turn which is the signal for FSX to start loading in new scenery tiles. In my experience, and from reading lots of threads, having more cores or a faster HD does not help. What really helps is a faster cpu. So...one thing you could try is renaming your FSX cfg temporarily and starting FSX thereby generating a new cfg file. See if that helps. Try turning down the framelock really low to see if the stutters disappear.Anyway those are a few things I would try...