Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Cosford 2023 Flight Sim Show.

Just Flight are in discussions with the authorities at RAF Cosford regarding this year’s show usually held in October.

There is considerable upheaval in Hangar One and Cosford can’t be definitive whether a show is feasible.

What is needed is for them to be persuaded there is considerable interest from the flight sim community and that Cosford is the ideal location.

If you want to attend the show this year would you please send a polite request to Cosford and if enough of us do it it will hopefully convince them it’s worthwhile.

Write to midlands@rafmuseum.org

Many thanks.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Cosford is the ideal location.

No, Chelmsford Leisure Centre is ideal. 😁

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I vote for the San Francisco Cow Palace! 👌

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

13 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I vote for the San Francisco Cow Palace! 👌

For a UK show? 🤣

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

26 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

For a UK show? 🤣

Sure!  It'd make it easier for me to attend! 🙃

• Like 3

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Blackpool airport close to Manchester Airport for overseas visitors, been done before.

PS and the Fish & Chips are great.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

10 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Blackpool airport close to Manchester Airport for overseas visitors, been done before.

PS and the Fish & Chips are great.

There was a show in Blackpool in 2006 when Microsoft announced FSX. I enjoyed the show very much staying for both days and then watching the Red Arrows and a Harrier perform. But Birmingham Airport is much closer to Cosford.

I've just sent my email to Cosford. I would hope that many in the UK would be desperate to attend the first show since the lockdown. An ideal opportunity to try out new hardware. I'm sure @tutmeister would welcome the opportunity to showcase his yoke and forthcoming throttle quadrant.

If you haven't already done so please write to them.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There was a show in Blackpool in 2006 when Microsoft announced FSX. I enjoyed the show very much staying for both days and then watching the Red Arrows and a Harrier perform. But Birmingham Airport is much closer to Cosford.

I've just sent my email to Cosford. I would hope that many in the UK would be desperate to attend the first show since the lockdown. An ideal opportunity to try out new hardware. I'm sure @tutmeister would welcome the opportunity to showcase his yoke and forthcoming throttle quadrant.

If you haven't already done so please write to them.

Having done Both but this year due deteriorating heath may not be going. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

20 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Having done Both but this year due deteriorating heath may not be going. 

My sympathies. 😧

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Done mine..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Sure!  It'd make it easier for me to attend! 🙃

Self, self, self

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Self, self, self

Me...me....me!  Just tuning up! 😀

Charlie Aron

See how quickly a perfectly sensible thread can be brought to it's knees. If only it was so easy for some threads I could mention. .😎 Sorry Ray. 😒

• Upvote 1

I’ve hidden posts clearly off topic. A flight sim show is important to a lot of people in Britain. Not had one since lockdown.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I never been to a flight sim show before, sounds fascinating.  Didn't even know there was such a thing until I read this topic.  If I had a way to get to the U.K. I would definitely go.