Sign in to follow this  
DAD

New SU 12 Beta Update [1.31.20.0] - March 2nd, 2023

Seems to me that turbulence has been toned down somewhat even if set on realistic?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Seems to me that turbulence has been toned down somewhat even if set on realistic?

Yes.  Medium seems not enough now after trying it for a few days.  I am going back to realistic again to see what it is like.

Before SU12 beta it was definitely too much.  Some of my GA planes were getting tipped 45 degrees on their side in a second or two, in hardly any weather.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I went ahead and joined the beta today.  After installing all of the updates I noticed I have a bunch of Asobo airports and bush trips that are now not installed, looks to be primarily from the Spain and Italy world updates.  Has anyone else seen this?  No big deal to reinstall them I'm just wondering if this was intentional for some reason upon joining the beta and if I should just leave them alone for now?

Thanks

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

8 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I went ahead and joined the beta today.  After installing all of the updates I noticed I have a bunch of Asobo airports and bush trips that are now not installed, looks to be primarily from the Spain and Italy world updates.  Has anyone else seen this?  No big deal to reinstall them I'm just wondering if this was intentional for some reason upon joining the beta and if I should just leave them alone for now?

Thanks

I think that's because the latest beta build had a ton of changes for them so you need to install/update it in the content manager

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Ok thanks I’ll give it a go.  Strange that it uninstalled them rather than asking me to update.  No biggie though.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Having serious problems with the latest beta. I am hearing rain in the cockpit but the windows are clear. Also, had two crashes. Telling me something about my graphics card overheating, which it is not. Had both crashes a few minutes after loading flight. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Anyone having issues with addon helicopters flying oddly?  I tried flying in both the Gotfriends Mini 500 and the Cowansim B206 and both aircraft were pretty much uncontrollably rolling left.  I had to hold the cyclic full right to have any chance of flying level.  I'm guessing something changed in the helicopter dynamics that devs will need to adapt to?

The Bell 407 is certainly more powerful now.  I did have a strange issue where my collective wouldn't go all the way down without me pressing the F1 key.  I confirmed in the senstivities screen that my axis is showing motion all the way to the bottom end of the axis range.

Dave

Ignore .  Double post

Edited by Phantoms

James

On 3/3/2023 at 2:02 PM, Krakin said:

I guess every few months the subscription talk has to come up again. Have you guys not noticed how many add-on planes you see buzzing around in the sim after they drop on the marketplace? And that's just planes. MS is making crazy bank from the marketplace. The revenue stream is high enough that the CEO spoke about it in the same sentence he mentioned Minecraft. The CEO of Asobo said MSFS will keep going after he's retired. The only reason he's able to say that is because he knows the money is flowing in.

Not to mention the support role MSFS plays for Microsoft in many other products (Bing, AI, datasets, etc., etc.). It's a cash cow for them in more ways than just direct sales. Research and development tied to other MS projects alone is probably worth the money put into it. Then add continuing sales and the marketplace and you can see the value in it.

Anyway, this discussion is way off track for a thread on SU12. So back on topic:

Atlanta Airport KATL:

• Fixed the Ground services clipping at parking RAMP 312 CARGO, parking spot N ramp 312 and airliners gate H-4.
  • Fixed flipped textures of Delta hangar and Atlanta Fire Rescue buildings.
  • Added collisions to all buildings.
  • Fixed Bridge on a taxiway.
  • Fixed night lighting disappears at short distances.

Did they not address the hold short node problems at KATL that cause the departing planes to stack up on top of each other and not take off?

Edited by Phantoms
as always, spelling

James

41 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

It's a cash cow for them in more ways than just direct sales

Not sure how one can conclude this w/o more data, except if the comments Krakin made are correct, the inferences drawn from Asobo CEO etc are true than looks possible.  This is 100% hypothetical, actually not even more of an example of things to consider--it would be nice to be able to see the real numbers:

Expenses:

If a total of 200 emp (MS & Asobo allocated to MSFS) at $85,000 each = $17,000,000
Indirect costs for server purchase, upkeep, power?  $4,000,000

Total ~$21,000,000 annually

Income:

200,000 active users
Each user buys average of 3 addons per year (Marketplace Only!) at 50% of cost so average of $16/addon or 200,000 x 16 x 3 = $9,600,000

100,000 new buyers annually $85/ = $8,500,000

Total = 18,100,000

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

14 minutes ago, Noel said:

Not sure 

Why not open a new thread?

I’m in the beta, I’m interested in what other forum members make of it too.

If you want to discuss what amounts to pure speculation about MSFS finances that’s fine by me…but not here.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

Anyone having issues with addon helicopters flying oddly?

Only flown the Cowan 500e in the beta so far but had no issues with it.

2 hours ago, Noel said:

200,000 active users

Didn't we read sometime back that MSFS had gone through its 10 millionth user? I'm sure not all of them stayed active, but 2% seems like a low figure.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor