Sign in to follow this  
DAD

New SU 12 Beta Update [1.31.20.0] - March 2nd, 2023

I just paid $ 2.000 for a RTX 4090, saving up $ 1.500 for a Ryzen 7950x3D + mobo + RAM, $ 2.000 for my last 55" TV, another $ 1.700 for Pimax Crystal VR headset, $ 600 for scenery + aircraft + plans for future scenery + aircraft addons another $ 600 = $ 8.400. what do you think where another $ 10/month should come from? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I guess every few months the subscription talk has to come up again. Have you guys not noticed how many add-on planes you see buzzing around in the sim after they drop on the marketplace? And that's just planes. MS is making crazy bank from the marketplace. The revenue stream is high enough that the CEO spoke about it in the same sentence he mentioned Minecraft. The CEO of Asobo said MSFS will keep going after he's retired. The only reason he's able to say that is because he knows the money is flowing in.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Whatever their financial model, I'm just so happy and grateful that my hobby has made it back into the big time for gaming (or at least a sustainable medium-time lol)

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, btacon said:

Do you have data that supports your premise?  Because if you don’t your statements are no more or less accurate than mine because they are both supposition. 

Nice that we all saw that you edited toned down the beginning of your quoted post from "Nonsense" to "Easy", but in a similar vane; please don't turn this great, discussion-based thread into yet another bitter, bickering rant, with all the usual suspects.   This is a good, discussion-based thread, IMO, it doesn't need the "Do you have data?" , "My statements are better than yours" argumentative vibes.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Whatever their financial model, I'm just so happy and grateful that my hobby has made it back into the big time for gaming (or at least a sustainable medium-time lol)

This! I am old enough to know nothing lasts forever. MSFS may disappear one day, there may be a new sim (did anyone think of MSFS 4 years ago?), another sim may catch up (who knows what LM will come up with)... etc.

But for now, and I am sure for the foreseeable future, I am more than happy with the quality leap we got with MSFS and, as @regis9 states, brought flight simulation generally back into the big time gaming.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 8

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

28 minutes ago, JYW said:

Nice that we all saw that you edited toned down the beginning of your quoted post from "Nonsense" to "Easy", but in a similar vane; please don't turn this great, discussion-based thread into yet another bitter, bickering rant, with all the usual suspects.   This is a good, discussion-based thread, IMO, it doesn't need the "Do you have data?" , "My statements are better than yours" argumentative vibes.

Hi JYW, good to see that you are checking my posts for tone and topic. That said your opinion is just that, an opinion. As for my “Do you have data” question of Mr, J, I’m sorry that harshed your vibe, perhaps you prefer supposition over facts?  
-B

• Like 1

Can we get back to business please and just enjoy what we have and continue to get.  Massive change log is better than massive bickering. Thanks!

• Like 11
  • Upvote 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, DAD said:

Massive change log is better than massive bickering.

oh so quiet, you scared them. 😀

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

14 hours ago, pstrub said:

Is it not? I see a long list of fixes, and in fact it's the longest of all aircraft in the release notes for 1.31.20.0....

I didn't see it when updating to latest beta. 

Tony Fontaine

So far I haven't detected subliminal messages hidden inside this Beta. No soft audio whispering underneath the big jet engine's whine suggesting that we to go and buy more stuff in the marketplace. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

16 hours ago, Krakin said:

It didn't for me. I changed it from low to realistic, saved changes and my plane started rocking right away.

How do you change the turbulence setting in MSFS 2020. I have never seen that setting before. Thanks

John Snyder Jr

13 minutes ago, John Snyder Jr said:

How do you change the turbulence setting in MSFS 2020. I have never seen that setting before. Thanks

It is in the assistance settings in the options menu.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

So far I haven't detected subliminal messages hidden inside this Beta. No soft audio whispering underneath the big jet engine's whine suggesting that we to go and buy more stuff in the marketplace. 

They put it in the wind noise now. Only for the DC-3 for now so it might be a test or they are targeting specific customers.
It's also mentioned in the patch notes if you read between the lines😀

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

5 hours ago, John Snyder Jr said:

Of course you didn't because it is a new setting that comes with the next Sim Update.

6 hours ago, John Snyder Jr said:

Are you on the SU12 beta?  If not, then you won't see the setting John.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.