Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

FSLTL v/PSXT/Live Traffic

2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Wouldn't Real Traffic and PSXT control the amount of traffic?  I thought if I used AIG with PSXT and Real Traffic, AIG is just the AI model

And by removing AIG, you would be removing thousands of liveries and aircraft types not included in other packages. FSLTL includes far fewer models and maybe 20% of the airlines and liveries of what AIG has. FS Traffic just for comparison has even less that what FSLTL has.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

51 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

And by removing AIG, you would be removing thousands of liveries and aircraft types not included in other packages. FSLTL includes far fewer models and maybe 20% of the airlines and liveries of what AIG has. FS Traffic just for comparison has even less that what FSLTL has.

Gotcha.... So you are saying keep both than?  I didn;t think they can coexist

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

18 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Gotcha.... So you are saying keep both than?  I didn;t think they can coexist

For sure they can, that's why it was mentioned for you to do way up above. You would have FSLTL on top of the AIG, so that whatever FSLTL doesn't have will then fallback to using the AIG collection.

19 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Wouldn't Real Traffic and PSXT control the amount of traffic?  I thought if I used AIG with PSXT and Real Traffic, AIG is just the AI model

If you omitted AIG from PSXT, you'd have less liveries for PSXT to work with, but wouldn't have less aircraft displayed in your sim, depending on your PSXT settings.

For example (again in the scenario where AIG is omitted and you're using only Just Flights or FSTL models--or both):

If your 'Live Matching Depth' setting in PSXT is set to 8 and there's a given aircraft of which a model/livery doesn't exist for Just Flight or FSTL, then PSXT will select another model/livery to represent that aircraft in the sim (7.2 in the manual describes the hierarchy of how that selection is made).  

Alternatively, if your 'Live Matching Depth' setting is 3 (match aircraft by airline/type), i.e., "perfect matches" only, then PSXT won't display that aircraft in the sim because it couldn't find that "perfect match" with only the Just Flight/FSTL models in your community folder.

From what I can gather (as alluded to earlier) I think many (most?) users using all these liveries will prioritize the Just Flight/FSTL models first and use AIG as the final fallback.  

As a quick personal aside, I tend to do this too but I've found that for some strange reason, a small number of AI aircraft aren't displaying their beacon/nav lights while in flight.  This has become a minor pet peeve of mine and doing some anecdotal testing seems to indicate it's a few of the AIG models doing this.  Therefore, I have a decision to make:  leave off AIG and have a few models with inaccurate liveries as described above, or keep AIG and have a few models that don't display beacon/nav lights.  I suppose this "pick your poison" is in the eye of the beholder and some wouldn't think of it as a big deal either way.

Or perhaps there's some other reason why a handful of those AIG models don't display their lights and I just haven't found it yet.

On 3/3/2023 at 9:00 AM, F737MAX said:

First, make a copy of your original PSXT parameters.xml file before making any changes in case you need to revert.

Next, you can add these lines anywhere amongst the other parameter lines.
Just remember to change the [Your location] part of the above addresses to whichever drive and location you have the MSFS Community folder installed.

I have assumed that your FSLTL and AIG SimObjects folders are in (or linked to) your MSFS Community folder.

Can you take a look at this and let me know if you think that I have AIG and FSLTL models being used at the same time?  I ask because I still get random liveries and planes for models like ERJ's in the sim so I think it is only pulling AIG.  Does this look right?

<parameter name="lfolder0" value="C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\fsltl-traffic-base\SimObjects\Airplanes" />
    <parameter name="lfolder0" value="C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta\SimObjects\Airplanes" />
    <parameter name="afolder0" value="C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community" />

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Can someone correct me if I am wrong:

1. as my understanding, PSXT controls all the traffic of AI model from AIG or FSLTL even FS traffic (flleet), just like FSLTL injector and FS traffic ( core) do? 

2. based on 1.  what does Real Traffic do?  this is the part I don't undertand. 

Could someone explain that?  Thanks.

49 minutes ago, gabriel122 said:

Can someone correct me if I am wrong:

1. as my understanding, PSXT controls all the traffic of AI model from AIG or FSLTL even FS traffic (flleet), just like FSLTL injector and FS traffic ( core) do? 

2. based on 1.  what does Real Traffic do?  this is the part I don't undertand. 

Could someone explain that?  Thanks.

1. Yes, in this case, PSXT serves as the "injector", and is capable of injecting plane models [any combination] of FSLTL, AIG, and/or FSTraffic. What's different about PSXT is that it places these objects and updates the position of these objects, which give full control of a plane's position rather than letting the simulator handle AI behavior. PSXT relies on a data source to handle this well, and this leads me to Q2...

2. RealTraffic is the data source for traffic going on in the world. PSXT won't work without it because without data, PSXT doesn't know where to put the planes. RealTraffic provides the live and historical ADSB data from its service, and PSXT takes that data and positions airplanes with near precision on where they are in the world. Yes, there's a subscription associated with it, but as someone who really loves flying with accurate and live traffic, it's the best solution that just works once everything is set up as it bypasses any of MSFS' built-in/buggy AI logic

7 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Can you take a look at this and let me know if you think that I have AIG and FSLTL models being used at the same time?  I ask because I still get random liveries and planes for models like ERJ's in the sim so I think it is only pulling AIG.  Does this look right?

<parameter name="lfolder0" value="C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\fsltl-traffic-base\SimObjects\Airplanes" />
    <parameter name="lfolder0" value="C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta\SimObjects\Airplanes" />
    <parameter name="afolder0" value="C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community" />

You have two "lfolder0" instances. One of them should be lfolder1. Check Section 5 here: PSXT_Manual.pdf (lekseecon.nl)

Edited by AeroMaster12
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, AeroMaster12 said:

1. Yes, in this case, PSXT serves as the "injector", and is capable of injecting plane models [any combination] of FSLTL, AIG, and/or FSTraffic. What's different about PSXT is that it places these objects and updates the position of these objects, which give full control of a plane's position rather than letting the simulator handle AI behavior. PSXT relies on a data source to handle this well, and this leads me to Q2...

2. RealTraffic is the data source for traffic going on in the world. PSXT won't work without it because without data, PSXT doesn't know where to put the planes. RealTraffic provides the live and historical ADSB data from its service, and PSXT takes that data and positions airplanes with near precision on where they are in the world. Yes, there's a subscription associated with it, but as someone who really loves flying with accurate and live traffic, it's the best solution that just works once everything is set up as it bypasses any of MSFS' built-in/buggy AI logic

Thanks for your explaination! I am wondering if it's feasible using MSFS live traffic data with PSXT (i don't know how to do it) , instead of Real Traffic, which as you said, will be a cost to subscribe. 

Edited by gabriel122

2 hours ago, gabriel122 said:

I am wondering if it's feasible using MSFS live traffic data with PSXT (i don't know how to do it) , instead of Real Traffic

Then it wouldn't be actual live Real Traffic, it would be what you have with the default MSFS Real Time traffic mode as it too will use the AIG, FSLTL or FS Traffic aircraft. Sim to how FSLTL injects traffic but with a greater delay and traffic is still handled by the AI engine of the sim. So like with FSLTL as well as FS Traffic you will see traffic using the wrong runways, many many go arounds and general nonsense as the AI engine has really very little clue about ATC separation and standards.

Edited by Dave_YVR

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Then it wouldn't be actual live Real Traffic, it would be what you have with the default MSFS Real Time traffic mode as it too will use the AIG, FSLTL or FS Traffic aircraft. Sim to how FSLTL injects traffic but with a greater delay and traffic is still handled by the AI engine of the sim. So like with FSLTL as well as FS Traffic you will see traffic using the wrong runways, many many go arounds and general nonsense as the AI engine has really very little clue about ATC separation and standards.

Very clear, Thank you very much! Is there any video showcasing Real traffic and PSXT?  I want to know how the effect is and decide to buy or not. 

1 hour ago, gabriel122 said:

Very clear, Thank you very much! Is there any video showcasing Real traffic and PSXT?  I want to know how the effect is and decide to buy or not. 

Buy one month subscription to try it out just like I did, trust me you wont regret it and  you wont go back!

Edited by adino

9 hours ago, AeroMaster12 said:

You have two "lfolder0" instances. One of them should be lfolder1. Check Section 5 here: PSXT_Manual.pdf (lekseecon.nl)

Ok.. If i understand the manual correctly and from what you are saying, I can't have two of the same "lfolder" listed.  I should make them more chronological?  Thanks

31 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok.. If i understand the manual correctly and from what you are saying, I can't have two of the same "lfolder" listed.  I should make them more chronological?  Thanks

Correct, and let the the one you prefer be the ifolder0 one. Also check Prioritize in the UI.

Mine looks like this:

<parameter name="lfolder0" value="D:\MSFS\Community\fsltl-traffic-base" />
<parameter name="lfolder1" value="D:\MSFS\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta" />

That way PSXT prioritizes FSLTL models and use AIG as a fall-back.

Edited by SierraDelta

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

35 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Correct, and let the the one you prefer be the ifolder0 one. Also check Prioritize in the UI.

Mine looks like this:

<parameter name="lfolder0" value="D:\MSFS\Community\fsltl-traffic-base" />
<parameter name="lfolder1" value="D:\MSFS\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta" />

That way PSXT prioritizes FSLTL models and use AIG as a fall-back.

In PSXT, what is your live matching set to? 

10 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

In PSXT, what is your live matching set to? 

3, and Static 3 as well.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models