Sign in to follow this  
stickywaffles37

Distance measure not showing distance: just a line

A few days ago I went go to measure some distance just to find out that it doesn't show any info on the measure line. I believe this occurred right as I started using the dark theme but changing back to the light theme doesn't seem to fix anything. I've gone through the settings and can't find anything related to toggling the distance measure info on/off. I haven't changed much settings recently anyways. There is a way to see the distance, but only when I right-click on the line and hit "Remove distance 39nm". However, if I want to loosely get an estimate of distance between two points without anchoring a line, it can be a little tedious to do it this way. I hope the answer isn't right beneath by nose, but I've been trying to solve this for days lol. I appreciate any feedback! 

Thanks

Try use "universal tool" - option <Menu> / "Tools" / "Reset all settings and restart".
Until this moment it always repairs what I spoil by my "crazy experiments" 😛 

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

24 minutes ago, ppgas said:

"crazy experiments"

AKA people clicking wildly around all kind of buttons (I've seen it) without knowing what they're doing, right? 😉

31 minutes ago, stickywaffles37 said:

A few days ago I went go to measure some distance just to find out that it doesn't show any info on the measure line.

Might be a hiccup when LNM migrated the old settings. This is normally no issue. Unlikely related to the style change.
Go to LNM menu "Tools" -> "Options", page "Map Display Labels" and check the branch "Measurement Lines". Maybe this is all off.

Alex

Woooooow thank you so much I can't believe I missed that. I literally looked in that section but I guess I just overlooked it.

Edited by stickywaffles37
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, albar965 said:

AKA people clicking wildly around all kind of buttons (I've seen it) without knowing what they're doing, right? 😉

Something similar ... 😉😉😉

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).