Sign in to follow this  
nas123

FStarter v2.5 is now released

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now with these functions

- Add your own POIs when you are in a flight, from a Map location or from an airport location( approach, traffic pattern, gate etc.)

- Move you flight to any user created POIs, default MSFS POIs, photogrammetry city, non-photogrammetry city, or Airport location(approach, traffic pattern, gate etx)

-Create your own Map showing all user POIs, MSFS POIs

- Move your flight by selecting POI marker in Map

So I bought this utility and I can say that I actually like it.

FLAW - Went to the pull down list for Canada...and ALBERTA is missing!  Which is exactly where I was want to fly usin this tool...go figure.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I can't see where there is any support forum or any contact info for the developer to make note of the omission of Alberta listing.

Near CAM3

Is it possible with this program to save a flight in the middle of a route and continue it later? Will the configuration of the aircraft and all the necessary data be saved?

16 hours ago, Flying-Hare said:

Is it possible with this program to save a flight in the middle of a route and continue it later? Will the configuration of the aircraft and all the necessary data be saved?

Here is what it says.  It appears to be able to do what you want, although I haven't tried this feature yet.  Scroll down the list.

What can you do with FStarter?
- You can explore and move around in the wonderful MSFS world in a fast and easy way.
- You can explore the whole wonderful MSFS world, select and start your flight from anywhere.
- Move around in maps to find the location and just start flying, in the air or from the ground.
- Add a POI of locations selected from a map.
- Add a POI at the location of an active MSFS flight situation.
Examples of POI setting possibilities:
- Your house, your school, your cabin, etc.
- At any airport runway ready for takeoff or at a airport Gate/Ramp
- An Airport Traffic Pattern situation, like Final, Downwind, Base, Entry
with altitude, distance(km/miles) and speed settings to any airport
- Any type of flight situation
- Create a Google My Maps from your POIs for easy flight start.
- Create a Google My Maps to view and select any MSFS POI for easy flight start.
- Select a start flight location over a photogrammetry or standard city for sightseeing flying.
- Start from the MSFS World Map UI or from FStarter’s "Start flight" when in an active flight.
- Start an active flight from a new location selected in a map.
- Set altitude, heading and speed to any "Start flight" or “Start flight from MAP” situation.
- Test approaches and landing at any airport
- Start your flight from a field, shoreline, top of your house, start anywhere from a MAP location.
- Save flight and start flights with complete MSFS data.
- A total of 4 user POI lists are supported. Click the POIs button to select POI list.

How to save and start complete flights (new feature in version 2.3)
1) MSFS should be running with an active flight situation.
2) Write a name to saved flight in “FlightName” box and click Save Flight
3) To load a complete flight, click “Flights” and select flight.
4) To delete flights, click “Del” to open MSFS’s LocalState folder and delete the flight.
5) In Little NavMap, click More and copy the latitude and longitude data.

Near CAM3

Interesting...I'll keep my eye on this one.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I'm always leery of messing with something that isn't broke and starting MSFS with another program has that potential. It brings in possible unforeseen issues. Not saying this program does that by any means, just no reason to mess with the default if it's working just fine on its own.

Eric 

I refuse to use any program that uses awful fonts like that. 

• Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I am using the program at this time.  I find it very useful to jump to one place in the world and another without having go out of flying select that area and go back in.  It simplifies the process.

However, that said each to their own.  When one moves a great distance of course the servers have to catch up with the new scenery, so it takes a minute to load in the attributes for the new area.  Short distances do not have this problem.

I find the program useful for testing out new scenery installs, a sort of alternative to the slew feature in the sim.

It does not break the sim, nor cause CTDs, and I have yet to see any unforeseen issues, whatever that might be.

Near CAM3