Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

A software to save your panel position

OK,Thanks.Have a g'day

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest RonB49

I had forgotten about this great program until reminded by a post in the Harware Forum. I think it is worth bumping it back to life for the many newcpmers to the multi-monitor community. Thanks Stephane. R-

You're right Ron, It's been an invaluable little utility and I've been using it since day 1 - thanks again Stephane. (Still waiting for the ATC window fix though ;-) :-beerchug)Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Wow, I just recently found this and it is a great utility!I've been going nuts for years always having to reposition my panels. I've been using this for a month or so now and it has completely solved that annoyance.Thank you Stephane!

Guest PPSFA

Been using this since day 1 as well and won't leave the ground without it! It would be great if threads like this were 'stickied' so that they didnt get buried over time.

Guest CrazedOne

Does this work with Vista 32bit? Ran as administrator and I get cannot create .ini, where should it be run from?Thanks

Guest CrazedOne
Does this work with Vista 32bit? Ran as administrator and I get cannot create .ini, where should it be run from?Thanks
Hello? Any help is appreciated.

Hi Guys, I'm new on AVSIM and this is exactly what I came here for, I have downloaded it but not tried it yet, I have no doubts it will work just fine.Thank you very much Stephane, the window layout issue was starting to drive me bonkers.Do you think it's possible to do something with the FSX.cfg file to get the same results, no for individual planes of course but for just one general layout?Anyway thanks again.Happy FlyingCheersJust%20Kidding.gifMartin.

........Do you think it's possible to do something with the FSX.cfg file to get the same results, no for individual planes of course but for just one general layout?.........CheersJust%20Kidding.gifMartin.
No. If you could make the changes in the fsx.cfg file, what would be the purpose of this utility?Edit: I have used this everytime I've flown since it's release - thanks again Stephane!

Regards, Kendall

Hi Stephane,I can't get the panel restore to work as it can't find any *.ini file. Where do Panel Store.exe save this file? What is the name of the the file, ????.ini?I do not know if Panel Store.exe works OK, as I do not get any feedback or message when it executs. I have WIN7 64bit and my FSX folder under g:\FSX. Could this be the problem?best regards,Roar Kristensen

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Hi Stephane,I can't get the panel restore to work as it can't find any *.ini file. Where do Panel Store.exe save this file? What is the name of the the file, ????.ini?I do not know if Panel Store.exe works OK, as I do not get any feedback or message when it executs. I have WIN7 64bit and my FSX folder under g:\FSX. Could this be the problem?best regards,Roar Kristensen
Old thread but let me see if I can help you. the .ini. file is generated automatically when you 'save' a panel position. You should have 2 desktop icons: Panel STORE and PanelRESTORE.Open, undock, resize, and move the panels to where you want them. Once you are happy with them, simply click on the Panel Store icon and thats it, you are done. The next time you fly that plane, just open and undock the same panels then click the Panel REstore icon and it will place all panels you previously saved in their correct position.You need to do this once for each seperate plane you fly, but you do not need to it for differenct liveries of the same plane.

Jay

OK, I got it to work, finally.Thanks roarkrHi,As I stated in my earlier message.Panel Restore.exe doesn't work as it can't find any ini file. I get the following message after running Panel Restore.exe : Error ! No ini file present.When I run Panel Store.exe no ini file seems to have been created as I get the above error message after running Panel Restore.exe.So again, anyone knows where (in which folder) the ini file, generated by Panel Store.exe, should be stored? I maybe have some permission or security related issues I need to solve.roarkr

Edited by roarkr

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3