Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

Feeling misled by Ariane and Simmarket, B737-900 for F...

Guest wcs33

Simba,After reading your post I've got a headache! I pride myself in trying to be clear about the meaning of words. But, after reading the responses you received, I'm still not sure that I understand the subtle difference between an aircraft that "works" in FSX or FS9 and one that "flies".I feel for you. In the 21st Century, most enlightened businesses practice some form of Quality Managment, in which the company would never, ever, tell the customer that it's the customer's fault for making assumptions about the company's own confusing language.I'm going to the Ariane site to see for myself how confusing this can get....I hope you can get a refund...unless the "minor upgrade" to the flight deck that the company is promising enables the flight-deck to "fly" along with your "working" aircraft. :)Bill

Simply incredible... I've never done that before, but isn't it possible that you contact you credit card company to pull the money back ?Boy, boy,...Heiko

Guest Len

My experience as well. Rude and facetious responses. I bought their 737-900 for FS9 and had various troubles with it - for $120 Canadian with some liveries. I'll never buy from these guys again.

Hi Heiko,No, that's not possible because i have made the order by myself.There is some insurance for broke down or loss within the first 30 days but that's with VISTA and not with MASTERCARD I think.The financial damage is to low to put a lawyer on it.I think this kind of information, distributed in the powerfull AVSIM forum, will give them damage enough to stop these kind of actions.Happy landings...

It sucks that you lost your money, sorry budBut I don't feel too bad for ya hehe....after all the many many MANY posts about how they suck and stuff....bad customer service, incorrect advertising....blah blah blah

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Are you sure you cannot have your Bank issue a charge back? Every credit card I use has a charge back feature. The customer has up to one year to contest the charge. Documentation of a defective/misleading product IS sufficient. I have used it once in the last 3 years with a major Publisher who refused to refund my money after struggling with the product for 3 months. At least call the bank and contest the charge. Most Banks will immediately query the seller as to the documentation and unless they respond, the refund is automatically issued. Send the Bank the misleading/defective/lack of support emails etc. Every charge back request affects the vendor's rates. Bob...

When will you guys learn? I'm extremely honest about how I see things and when I say the Ariane planes suck, they suck. It would take an act from God for Ariane to actually produce planes that are worth the money they cost, let alone function as advertised. Their products are one big disappointment. When I give my opinion and tell you something about a product, I'm not exaggerating or holding some grudge because I feel ripped off. What I tell anyone on the forum(s) is the truth, so keep that in mind when looking at my posts regarding Ariane or any developer.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>Still there was a little feeling in my neck that there was a>some kind of boycott in the AVSIM community against Ariane>what surprising me because Ariane claims to be the only>payware manufacturer who can use the official Boeing logo...Really? I work for Boeing, but I'm a shop tech, and have no affiliation with legal, nor can I speak for legal, Boeing, or any facet of the company in any official capacity. That said, I know quite a few simmers there with fairly substantial job titles, and I just might do some asking around.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Guest Toni Rauch

Hi SimbaThis topic was recently discussed in this forum (#411560, "Anybody using Arian Design 737's?" - search 'Ariane' to find it) which may help.There seems to be no limit to the arrogance and lack of customer care which has always been Ariane's 'trademark'. You politely asked them a valid question and get sarcasm and 'double-talk' back to confuse you even further.I believe you should definately take the matter up with your credit card company or bank and demand a full refund - put simply, the product does not work as advertised. In the U.K., this comes under the phrase 'not fit for the purpose' used by our Trading Standards Authority to root out rogue traders and stop their bad trading practices, including misleading advertising and products that don't work as claimed.Perhaps you have a similar thing in the Netherlands......?Toni.

It doesn't seem all that long ago that these (and, i think other) forums automatically blocked the use of the word Tishma, putting him in the same category as two words that spring to mind: an obscene gerund and an anatomically descriptive noun.http://www.avsim.com/pages/0902/pt_again.htmlSorry you did your dough, mate. You should try your credit card company, as they sometimes will do a refund where you have been dudded. I guess they want to encourage online shopping. A colleague recently bought some perfume online, and when it didn't arrive as promised, Mastercard refunded her.regards,Jeff

Jeff Hunter

Thanks for the reminder Simba:Regardless of the mousetrap (which in this case also seems to leave something to be desired), ethics is a bad word in some quarters. Such sources are something I want to avoid at all costs, and I appreciate the reminder that the party in question is one of them. This source seems to have been whitewashed for a while, but it sounds like they have not changed their spots.Thankfully there are one or two other providers that do seem to have changed their spots, so it can be done, but a bad reputation is something that is hard to overcome. From your experiece, sounds like this source is not even interested in even considering such an approach.One would hope that thanks to their practices they would simply die out, but I fear they just change their name and continue their unethical paractices. (I think this source has already done that).Respectfully:RTH

Monthly negative posts about this company are as inevitable as the next visit to the bathroom. I am just still surprised that people buy anything from them. The e-mail responses, the feedback in various forums and the lack of professional reviews, their website give plenty of reason to stay away.Vote with your wallet. Call your CC company, request a charge-back and they will have to comply.Pat

>Hi Simba>>This topic was recently discussed in this forum (#411560,>"Anybody using Arian Design 737's?" - search 'Ariane' to find>it) which may help.>>There seems to be no limit to the arrogance and lack of>customer care which has always been Ariane's 'trademark'. You>politely asked them a valid question and get sarcasm and>'double-talk' back to confuse you even further.>>I believe you should definately take the matter up with your>credit card company or bank and demand a full refund - put>simply, the product does not work as advertised. In the U.K.,>this comes under the phrase 'not fit for the purpose' used by>our Trading Standards Authority to root out rogue traders and>stop their bad trading practices, including misleading>advertising and products that don't work as claimed.>>Perhaps you have a similar thing in the Netherlands......?>>Toni.> Yea that was my post. I had the same funny feeling about them and thats why I posted the topic. Glad I waited. something is definitly not right there. I'll be patient and wait for the PMDG version instead.Extra liveries and sounds you have to purchase after the fact. What a farse. His bank should take the chargback as it was a fraudulent and misleading sale. I used to be a Visa merchant and now the cards have alot of online protection services for legit purchases aside from stolen card purchases.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png