Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

Feeling misled by Ariane and Simmarket, B737-900 for F...

Guest tmilton

>I'm gonna add Ariane to my "black list" and avoid them like>the plague!Same here. I have so far been lucky enough to have never done any business with this company, and this latest incident will assure that I never do in the future. Their deceptive practices and arrogance towards their customers just says it all.

>>I'm gonna add Ariane to my "black list" and avoid them like>>the plague!>>Same here. I have so far been lucky enough to have never done>any business with this company, and this latest incident will>assure that I never do in the future. Their deceptive>practices and arrogance towards their customers just says it>all. Yep. what goes around comes around. Even worse in the business world.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I just checked the Arianesite.The page for the Boeing 737-900 ER V3.5 BASE PACK says:"(Note: A brand new flight deck, sound and aircraft is under development for FSX - please watch our NEWS page for further developments and announcements)."and"the aircraft works and flies in FSX - the flight deck is in development with new sound sets to come"Why did you think that you were getting a fully functional flight deck for FSX?

Guest UlfB

>I just checked the Arianesite.>>The page for the Boeing 737-900 ER V3.5 BASE PACK says:>>"(Note: A brand new flight deck, sound and aircraft is>under development for FSX - please watch our NEWS page for>further developments and announcements).">>and>>"the aircraft works and flies in FSX - the flight deck is>in development with new sound sets to come">>Why did you think that you were getting a fully functional>flight deck for FSX? >Maybe he got the idea from writings such as (from Simmarket on the 900ER boxed):"...NEW HD 329 LAYER DECAL TECHNOLOGY TEXTURE SETS. # Very new and very high detailed (and ready and flight tested in FSX),..." "*** PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS *** - NEW FSX READY Aircraft Version V3 - NEW NG ER FLIGHT DECK SYSTEMS AND HD TEXTURING...""...New over-wing light effects with reflections of cabin lights on the wing join area when on at night and at dusk/dawn - see the effects at night (especially in the new FSX with advanced graphic detailing)."But still, if you read the product info carefully, it's pretty obvious that this is a FS9 aircraft and the flightdeck won't work in FSX. And still, the information is very deceptive as it mentions FSX every now and then.Ulf B

You better take a look at the Simmarket page also,Quote,(Does it fly in FSX? Yes it does. Although the flight deck will be subject to a minor upgrade, the aircraftflies in FSX 'straight out the box'WELL IT's NOT FLYING OUT OF THE BOX IN FSX AT ALL.Simmarket has change the site a bit because there was more misleading information.Anyway, It will NOT fly in FSX and in FS9 the flightdeck looks horrible so for me it's a big waist of money...Happy landings... (Without a Ariane plane)

Guest MauiHawk

Did you really just defend Ariane? Must be a glitch, I'll try rebooting...

>Did you really just defend Ariane? Must be a glitch, I'll>try rebooting...I didn't defend Ariane - I simply pointed out the facts. However regard for facts seems to be in short supply when discussing Ariane here. BTW I have no connection with Ariane and have never bought any of their products.

Guest MauiHawk

So basically you are saying that it's okay to put out extremely misleading (if not flat out wrong) information on a product as many times and in as many places as a company wishes as long as they do have correct info somewhere? I'm not saying buyers shouldn't be wary, but they also shouldn't be responsible for being misguided by product info as dishonest as Ariane's simmarket info.

Guest UlfB

Try before you buy, like Cloud9, would be nice.Ulf B

>>Did you really just defend Ariane? Must be a glitch, I'll>>try rebooting...>>I didn't defend Ariane - I simply pointed out the facts.>However regard for facts seems to be in short supply when>discussing Ariane here.> >BTW I have no connection with Ariane and have never bought any>of their products.There is a long history between flight simmers and Peter Tishma. It goes back to the late 1990's and many of us remember the attempts by Tishma to enforce license rights (he did not have) on freeware developers and sites that distributed the American Airlines livery as feeware. AVSIM required re-registration in 2002; some of us have been on AVSIm since the mid 90's. During that time Tishma was sending threatening legal notices to sites (including AVSIM) and some members here who voiced negative opinions of Tishma. Grab your favorite beverage and follow this link:http://www.avsim.com/pages/0999/edit1.htmRecurrent discussions of poor customer service and ripping off customers continues 9 years later. I guess the only good attribute has been consistency. :)Bob..

It is possible to give misleading or deceptive information by way of omission. The product descriptions are apt to mislead because they obfuscate the issue of FSX compatibility rather than plainly saying that the cockpit will only work under FS9.I've never been ripped of by Ariane or Tishma, and have no axe to grind, but conduct like that which has been identified by Simba needs to be jumped on, and hard. If the vendor's place of business was able to be easily discerned, and if this wasn't a small and fairly boutique market, any govt consumer protection authority would hammer them.People pay prices like 43 euro because they want a complex simulation. Is it seriously suggested that people would pay that price if they really knew that all they were getting was an exterior model that would have to be flown using the default MS 737 cockpit??Jeff

Jeff Hunter

Heres an email i sent to arian with the reply.In a message dated 11/08/2007 06:48:33 GMT Daylight Time, daveo@xxx.xxx writes:Which of your 737-x aircraft are FSX compatible?Thanks in advance.Flight Decks - xSound - xAircraft? All aircraft that are in BASE PACKS (V3) and most of our FS2004 other products which feature only the aircraft are flying in FSX with no problems. In your serviceARIANE STUDIOSBoeing 737 Pg/Ng SeriesAdvanced Flight Simulation"If it ain't Boeing - I ain't going"Website: www.arianedesign.comForum: www.arianeaircraft.havetofly.com

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png