Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Significant perf degradation after two flights

19 minutes ago, Jazz said:

This is an FSLTL problem.

So do you just use msfs live traffic ? 

Also, does msfs live traffic use the FSLTL liveries? And just flight traffic liveries? 

17 hours ago, Jazz said:

Another thing I noted is that the both times it happened was when I flew from one airport to another and the next leg saw me fly back to the same airport. On return to the airport there was a load of planes all inside one another and performance just tanked. As I said, turning off the injecter didn't remove the planes. This is an FSLTL problem.

I believe it has been mentioned in a couple of different places, including the FSLTL discord, that this is NOT an FSLTL problem. It is an MSFS problem. FSLTL simply injects the aircraft, MSFS is responsible for placing the injected aircraft. And, as has been noted, this occurs when doing a return leg to the original airport without restarting the sim.

And, I believe I saw it mentioned elsewhere that the issue has been fixed in the SU12 Beta. (I could be wrong on that one...)

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

so a 25% fps increase (40 to 50 fps) after restarting the sim following a longish flight from Gawtick to Dalaman and back, no traffic

sXntnU2.jpg

516XQu0.jpg

Edited by UKflyer

On 3/6/2023 at 10:47 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So do you just use msfs live traffic ? 

Also, does msfs live traffic use the FSLTL liveries? And just flight traffic liveries? 

No, I either use no traffic at all or I use FSLTL. If I'm doing a leg out of an airport and then back to the origin airport I don't use traffic at all. Otherwise I use FSLTL.

On 3/7/2023 at 4:11 PM, JimBrown said:

that this is NOT an FSLTL problem. It is an MSFS problem. FSLTL simply injects the aircraft, MSFS is responsible for placing the injected aircraft.

I'm aware that this is the case and probably should have worded it better but for all intents and purposes it's the same thing for the user. It still means one needs to disable FSLTL in order not to encounter the problem. At least if you plan on doing a return to the origin airport.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

On 3/5/2023 at 3:23 PM, Drumcode said:

Not sure if this happens to everyone, just checking. Yesterday I did two flights, KORD-KRDU and the return leg without shutting down and restarting the sim. 

Maybe this?  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/631614-nvidia-driver-fix/?do=findComment&comment=4934229

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X