Hi Alex,

is there a way to save traffic patterns for an specific airport? If not, is in your plans to include it for future releases?

Thank you and i love LNM

Ignacio

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

Traffic patterns are saved in the settings file and are kept until you delete them manually. I have no plans to save them separately as they are quickly created.

Alex

4 hours ago, albar965 said:

Traffic patterns are saved in the settings file and are kept until you delete them manually. I have no plans to save them separately as they are quickly created.

So maybe it could be a good idea to make users' profiles (in separate files, similar like aircrafts' profiles) for different settings, that could be written/read ?
It seems be easy - many settings files and system to manage them, but I'm no programmer so maybe it's difficult?

Imagine different profiles for: VFR, IFR,  ...., and all switched "one button click" 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

2 hours ago, ppgas said:

So maybe it could be a good idea to make users' profiles (in separate files, similar like aircrafts' profiles) for different settings, that could be written/read ?
It seems be easy - many settings files and system to manage them, but I'm no programmer so maybe it's difficult?

I'm thinking about a simple session management where simulator connect, scenery library and more are set automatically when you select a sim session. But not all settings. Then there's more about a simple and/or a VFR mode.

Why not hide the patterns if you don't need them?
You can use command line magic if you really want to have totally independent installations with their own settings and databases:

https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.8/en/COMMANDLINE.html and https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.8/en/INSTALLATION.html#portable-execution

Alex

• Upvote 1

Hmm, I don't know why but I've missed this part of manual 😛
Thanks for the clue!

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

Thanks Alex, maybe then i'm doing something wrong because every time i want to create or edit a traffic pattern the window always shows the same values. is this correct?

Another quick question: why the traffic pattern adds 10ft to the pattern altitude?

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

6 minutes ago, Tanocapo said:

every time i want to create or edit a traffic pattern the window always shows the same values.

The window remembers the last used values.

6 minutes ago, Tanocapo said:

Another quick question: why the traffic pattern adds 10ft to the pattern altitude?

It is rounded up to the next 10 ft.

Alex

can I create a non standard traffic pattern ? There are lots of airports with non standards ones (I.E., not a perfect pattern).

2.png

4 hours ago, Dbarnea said:

can I create a non standard traffic pattern ? There are lots of airports with non standards ones (I.E., not a perfect pattern).

Standard pattern - left handed circuit
Non-standard pattern - right handed circuit

Both types are available to create under LNM 🙂
You can decide also what is the downwind distance to runway, about final length (it's called in LNM as base leg leg to runway threshold) and pattern altitude (you can write any alt you want, LNM adds it to terrain's height).
Entry and exit indicators points are fixed - entry as standard 45deg close middle downwind, exit as standard straight and 45deg upwind,so  to expand this I sometimes draw additional entry/exit lines via "measure distance" tool. In general, "measure tool" is very handy to draw helpful lines.

Regards,
Piotr

ps. what is "not a perfect pattern"? IMHO every pattern is perfect only not every pilot can perform this exactly (me for example 😛 ), typical performance error - "dog leg"

Edited by ppgas
  • Upvote 1

🙂

Nope, what I meant by "non standard" pattern is that it's not an oval pattern. look at LFRN circuit of RWY 14/32.

Edited by Dbarnea

2.png

9 hours ago, Dbarnea said:

No. Not planned soon, sorry.

Alex

1 hour ago, Dbarnea said:

🙂

Nope, what I meant by "non standard" pattern is that it's not an oval pattern. look at LFRN circuit of RWY 14/32.

A moment ago, I've checked  the French AIP and it hasn't got any VFR charts for LFRN airport nor other info about non-standard patterns atthis airport what means the patterns at LFRN are standard (or not existing because of terrain).

Are you sure you've thought about the patterns - maybe you're confusing IFR circular approach with traffic pattern which is for VFR traffic flow?

Regards,
Piotr

Edited by ppgas

3 hours ago, Dbarnea said:

Are you sure it's an original Jeppesen chart but not an "Internet fake"?

I'm asking because I've checked Jeppesen's legend guides for 2006, 2012, 2020 and no such symbols nor similar examples there.
In the meantime I've also checked non-Jeppesen official french  charts for LFRN airport and there is/was no VFR charts nor procedures for this airport published, nor even IFR charts for 14/32 as IFR procedures for LFRN only exist for 10/28.  I suppose "joy creativity" here - probably based on  circle-to-land constraints from IFR charts for LFRN, but maybe I'm wrong 🙂
As you can notice, on your chart there is even missed approach part of procedure drawed (after REN VOR/DME), what usually isn't part of VFR traffic pattern (but it's drawed on IFR approach charts), as after missed approach in VFR circuit flight could be simply continued again and again.
It looks very strange for me.

Regards,
Piotr

ps. you can download current LFRN from here (official French military portal): https://www.dircam.dsae.defense.gouv.fr/images/Stories/Doc/MIAC1/miac1_rennes_lfrn.pdf