Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

PuffinFlight "We Love VFR: Region 3" beta available now

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again, if ever there was a mod that should be made default in the Sim then it's this one, as long as Puffin gets compensated with credits for all his hard work of course!

Agree. Puffinflight's regions wrapped up with Mamu82's  three addons (powerlines, marinas and gondolas  etc.). They belong to the sim base.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Agree. Puffinflight's regions wrapped up with Mamu82's  three addons (powerlines, marinas and gondolas  etc.). They belong to the sim base.  

Asobo just seem so deaf and blind to this kind of ready made assistance, unless they see potential legal problems ahead as there were with FBW I think.
Still not sure what happened there.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

44 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Mamu82's  three addons (powerlines, marinas and gondolas  etc.).

They don't cause stutters anymore? 

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

They don't cause stutters anymore? 

None that I've noticed.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

None that I've noticed.

I agree, never noticed any ill effects

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

20230306201531_1.jpg?width=1175&height=620230306200857_1.jpg?width=1175&height=620230306201138_1.jpg?width=1175&height=6

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 hours ago, PuffinFlight said:

I tried, but it went nowhere. Even before talks about any compensation. Maybe I should try again having global coverage now.

My thought is that this would not be advantageous to you. Sell your product if you desire (compensation for effort and time spent) but it seems to me that if you wed yourself to the Asobo Platform, you wed yourself to their testing and release cycles. As an independent, you set those Test and Release Cycles.

My 2 cents. YMMV. TANSTAAFL 

-B

9 hours ago, btacon said:

My thought is that this would not be advantageous to you. Sell your product if you desire (compensation for effort and time spent) but it seems to me that if you wed yourself to the Asobo Platform, you wed yourself to their testing and release cycles. As an independent, you set those Test and Release Cycles.

You're most likely right. We Love VFR will stay free forever. One unlikely exception. I suggested Asobo that I can make it as low price payware as possible to get it to XBox users as there is still no freeware category... after 2 years my application to partner's program is still pending.

But I have some ideas for few add-ons. Will they be made? Still many experiments to do, so it's hard to tell. We'll see.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Asobo just seem so deaf and blind to this kind of ready made assistance, unless they see potential legal problems ahead as there were with FBW I think.
Still not sure what happened there.

Thanks both @Dominique_K and @bobcat999 

In the official forums there is Wishlist section

Maybe, a request there from you guys, if it gets enough votes, can draw more attention

(e.g. the fbw and working title masterpieces had so many request that Microsoft HAD to squeeze them in the basic package. My add-on has not their quality,but lot of people like, and I'm disappointed that the Xbox crowd can't enjoy it!)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mamu82 said:

a request there from you guys, if it gets enough votes, can draw more attention

Done

Enhancing the basic scenery for the low flyers - Bug Reports & Wishlist / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

• Like 5

Dominique

41 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Thanks for setting this up.  16 votes already! 

For some reason my name is showing as FastenedPlum7 over at the official forum.

I'll take it - I have been called worse!  :unsure:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Thanks for setting this up.  16 votes already! 

For some reason my name is showing as FastenedPlum7 over at the official forum.

I'll take it - I have been called worse!  :unsure:

They gave me a cute name like that two years ago. You can change it in the profile of your Xbox account.

• Like 1

Dominique

If you're interested in beta, I've just released a new update. Most likely the last one before official release. 
You'll find it here » https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Lbvf-lNN400kmrhLyHOtOKDsEdqI0Og/view 

Added some POI markers. Fixed missing 60 cooling towers. Added height data for some very tall smokestacks. And some other small tweaks and fixes.
Last but not least, there is the new spectacular object type everyone waited for! Over 70.000... YURTS!... What? No one requested it? 😄

spacer.png

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

@PuffinFlight  Ulaanbaatar!  At last!

Here, and Grimsby in the UK are my two favourite places to fly!  :biggrin:

In all seriousness, it just shows your dedication to get it right in these more out of the way places.

• Like 1