Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Tobii Eye Tracker Camera?

Hi,

what kind of camera does tobii eyetracker 5 have? You someone potentially hack the tracker to get inside to your private space or is it just a camera that does work differently?

11 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Hi,

what kind of camera does tobii eyetracker 5 have? You someone potentially hack the tracker to get inside to your private space or is it just a camera that does work differently?

Looks like purely infra red or around this type of wavelength to me. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

haha don't think the hackers are interested in watching you eating your cornflakes!! it' just as secure as any standard integrated camera on a laptop which they all have nowadays.

I just got the tobii this weekend and its amazing, really good if you don't like the trackir hat and wires. For some reason tho (maybe MSFS not supported yet) it doesn't move when leaning forward or back. But the head tracking is really good adding extra immersion.

15 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

haha don't think the hackers are interested in watching you eating your cornflakes!! it' just as secure as any standard integrated camera on a laptop which they all have nowadays.

I just got the tobii this weekend and its amazing, really good if you don't like the trackir hat and wires. For some reason tho (maybe MSFS not supported yet) it doesn't move when leaning forward or back. But the head tracking is really good adding extra immersion.

Been  using Track IR for over a decade. I never had wires attached to anything. Used a visor and the clip it comes standard with. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, UKflyer said:

It does, and it works really well if you need to take a closer look at an instrument. :smile:

You need to set one of the settings to 1 or above in the Eye tracker settings menu inside MSFS.  I can't remember which one, but I think it is the last one at the bottom of the list.
You can google it as well, and there is guidance on YouTube.

I set the head / eye tracking ratio to 95% and I find it quite good at that setting.  The other sensitivities are around 1.5.
All good, and the best hardware / software of its type.  The TrackIR is now in the bin, and I don't have to wear anything on my head!  :laugh:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

13 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

It does, and it works really well if you need to take a closer look at an instrument. :smile:

You need to set one of the settings to 1 or above in the Eye tracker settings menu inside MSFS.  I can't remember which one, but I think it is the last one at the bottom of the list.
You can google it as well, and there is guidance on YouTube.

I set the head / eye tracking ratio to 95% and I find it quite good at that setting.  The other sensitivities are around 1.5.
All good, and the best hardware / software of its type.  The TrackIR is now in the bin, and I don't have to waer anything on my head!  :laugh:

ah nice cheers i'll take a look, just using plug and play options for now except eye tracking

really is a great bit of kit

Edited by UKflyer
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Been  using Track IR for over a decade. I never had wires attached to anything. Used a visor and the clip it comes standard with. 

ok even visors can mess with my nice hair style 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

Hi,

It's just IR emitters and sensors. It's not a camera in the normal sense, like, say, a web-cam.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

10 minutes ago, Paul K said:

It's just IR emitters and sensors. It's not a camera in the normal sense, like, say, a web-cam.

must be some sort of conventional webcam in there also as i used it to setup windows hello using facial recognition

Edited by UKflyer

Just now, UKflyer said:

pretty sure i saw my picture in the setup so must be some sort of conventional camera in there also

Okay, well, I don't remember that myself. When setting it up, all I had to do was to match the white marks on top of the bar, and then look at the three dots until they exploded.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

2 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Okay, well, I don't remember that myself. When setting it up, all I had to do was to match the white marks on top of the bar, and then look at the three dots until they exploded.

yeh just edited that Paul... it was the windows hello setup using the tobii where i saw myself... pretty cool not having to log in with a password anymore!

• Like 1