Little Navmap is an incredible piece of software for Flightsimmers.

For the development of a scenery addon for X-Plane, I have been looking for a way to transfer certain aspects of geological data, which is being provided as maps projected on the globe, to X-Plane World Editor (WED). This is no easy task and requires a lot of handwork, redrawing the important aspects for me onto a globe and then transfer a mercatorlike image and use this as a background in WED. 

Little Navmap has been the tool of choice for me, since it seems to be the only tool which allows to draw lines in spherical mode and switch to mercator projection if and when desired. Since there is no other known way to draw things in Little Navmap than flightplans, I have "misused" this feature in order to translate the important spherical map information into a mercator version.

Is there maybe a to me hidden feature in Little Navmap that provides other drawing technics than drawing flightplans?

PD: Excuse my rather cryptic mentions about what is the important information in the maps that I want to translate. I have to keep it a secret for the time being because of possible scenery-creating competitors.

Keep up the excellent work.

Because of lack of other alternatives, I have started to 

You can always use "Distance measure tool" in LNM and manually draw segments of polygon 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

ps. but not easier to use professional free GIS software? - for example QGIS can change map projection, draw great circle, work with spherical mode, export to many formats. etc ... 😛

• Upvote 1

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).