Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Black Square Analog King Air Ver 1.3 Update Released

2 hours ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

But did you display the GNS using the switches next to the copilot's yoke?

Every time I fly this plane if I haven't in a while I struggle to remember how to switch the GPS, then feel reallllly dumb when I see the plainly marked switches 🙂

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

Also, you can click on the black box above the attitude indicator to transform it into an autopilot control.

A GREAT usability improvement!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

A GREAT usability improvement!

I ho-heartedly agree, this is a very good and very much appreciated patch update that fixes many issues!

The only thing I've taken the liberty of fixing myself at this point is making an adjustment or 2 to the flap drag and flap lift in order to make the approach and landing performance more in line with the real aircraft.

The sim plane requires twice as much torque on descent approach & final as compared to the real aircraft (should be approx. 25% from descent to short final, give or take depending upon weight, weather and approach technique). This required a drastic decrease in flap drag, and just small increase in flap lift.

Other than that, this makes for a fantastic aircraft now...so much so in fact that for the first time in my history of flight sims I am enjoying the "default" aircraft more than the payware ones (this and the TBM).

Price-wise it's a bargain, for me. I've always been a huge Kingair fan.

I'm waiting on the Baron at this point and hoping they do some good research on those flight characteristics.

Edited by hangar
  • Like 2

I noticed today that the TDS GTN Xi has also been updated. 1.0.2.4.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

PMS750 WTT package was updated as well!

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

5 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

Is it possible to apply any custom livery from the flightsim.t site here?

It can be done but requires a little bit of work.  Not overly difficult once you’ve done it once or twice.  Instructions are included.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Flying-Hare said:

Is it possible to apply any custom livery from the flightsim.t site here?

Just download one of the ones I posted and copy the format.  It was a pita to do it from scratch but then it's not so bad.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

14 hours ago, hangar said:

I ho-heartedly agree, this is a very good and very much appreciated patch update that fixes many issues!

The only thing I've taken the liberty of fixing myself at this point is making an adjustment or 2 to the flap drag and flap lift in order to make the approach and landing performance more in line with the real aircraft.

The sim plane requires twice as much torque on descent approach & final as compared to the real aircraft (should be approx. 25% from descent to short final, give or take depending upon weight, weather and approach technique). This required a drastic decrease in flap drag, and just small increase in flap lift.

Other than that, this makes for a fantastic aircraft now...so much so in fact that for the first time in my history of flight sims I am enjoying the "default" aircraft more than the payware ones (this and the TBM).

I'm waiting on the Baron at this point and hoping they do some good research on those flight characteristics.

Would you mind sharing your flap drag and lift adjustments?

Here is vid of F90 approach. Toque hangs around 30-40% close as in v1.3

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Also noticeable in the latest stages, short final in the above video, that as the pilot adds full prop RPM there is absolutely no fuel flow variation, which only occurs when after a few seconds he also adds throttle...

Is this correctly modelled in this aircraft? Does Fuel Flow stay put with Prop RPM variations without other (throttle or condition, fast altitude change) occuring?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

Preferred Airbus simulation platform: P3dv5 + FSLabs Airbus family

I also use MSFS 2020...

5 hours ago, cagarini said:

Also noticeable in the latest stages, short final in the above video, that as the pilot adds full prop RPM there is absolutely no fuel flow variation, which only occurs when after a few seconds he also adds throttle...

Is this correctly modelled in this aircraft? Does Fuel Flow stay put with Prop RPM variations without other (throttle or condition, fast altitude change) occuring?

I'm not in the sim now, but I believe it does not change as you alter the prop RPM. I've looked at it before with the GTN750 fuel planning screen and seen no change.

23 hours ago, hangar said:

I too would be interested in how you made the changes.

@sd_flyer - I can't manage 30% torque on a 5 mile final and still make the runway...even very light. See a few examples below which indicate 20-30 should be do-able, or even less on steeper approaches, whereas I can't get the BlackSq flight model to do it without reducing the flap drag.

25% torque here:

"With the torque set at 25 per cent, the flaps and landing gear are extended in sequence with no need for a change in power and minimal adjustment of trim."

FLYING THE BEECHCRAFT KING AIR 350i – The World of Aviation

30% torque and lower here:

15%-30% here: