Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Are You Overlooking Enjoyable Stuff in MSFS?

10 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Wonderful! I'm way too disorganised to do something like that but I feel the world is a better place just knowing that someone is!

When organization means reading a Tintin & Snowy album rather than simbriefing a flight I am all for it. 

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Hypothèse_de_trajet_suivi_par_Tintin_au_Pérou_dans_l'album_"Le_Temple_du_Soleil".png

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

There are a lot of crazy smallish airports in south-central Oregon about halfway between Medford and Bend, if you want to try some really challenging stuff.
The airports I am talking about are generally 3000 - 5000 feet in length and surrounded by 3000-6000 foot hills and mountains. 

I don't know if it's a bug in the game with tree height and placement (probably), but some of the landings are almost suicide without a tree mod.

These airports are more difficult to land at than most of the foreign ones in the mountains of France, Italy, or similar places.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

About the only off beat thing I did was flying across various houses that I lived in over the years, back when the game first came out.

Did a couple of landing challenges but found it very abstract as it throws you in the situation with little or no time to prepare the aircraft.

Bush trips I found frustrating due to lack of just being able to navigate, or at least the game giving some clue where to fly without disqualifying the achievement.

Discovery flights, not much point to the longer ones as I don't think you can save and resume the journey.

But generally I just enjoy flying the heavy iron, same as in FSX and FS9 before it. It's the reason I got into flight simming (and to some extent computer gaming) in the first place, starting with Thalion A320 Airbus on the Amiga 600 in 1993!

OK will someone tell me to get started with a Discovery Flight? I knew at one time, but, old age has reared its head again.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

28 minutes ago, raymar said:

OK will someone tell me to get started with a Discovery Flight? I knew at one time, but, old age has reared its head again.

Regards,

Ray

On the welcome screen, you will see the Discovery Flight Pane.

Discovery Flights Information

cdNhEP.jpg

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5