Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

MSFS competition from Google?

Mike,I had to use "Crtl-Start-A" to get it going for the first time. The original blog entry mentions this and some other possible key combinations. The Tools entry only shows up once you've "unlocked" the feature with this key combo.Cheers, Holger

I really hope this is going to be the future of flightsimulation.It already gives me more Wow than FSX to be honest.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

For those that haven't tried it yet-go into "options" and set the settings up if your machine can handle it (they are set low by default).Also-take a trip down Manhattan or some other major city-you will be blown away by real buildings in their real locations!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Hi Holger,Thanks for coming to my rescue!The "Ctrl+Start(Windows Key)+A" key combo did the trick :)I now have the Tools entry.Boy oh boy, this is fun!What a difference it made when I switched on "Atmosphere" and GPU filtering AAx4 and AFx16 (especially the latter) - the distant blurries improved immensely.I don't suppose there is a keypress for viewing your a/c from the outside?Cheers!Mike

Have been checking out the mountain topography around the Salt Lake City, Utah area (KSLC). Without doubt, the mountain renditions are the best I've seen anywhere! The mesh elevations, and shadowing look excellent!Mt. Timpanogos southeast of KSLC is one of those mountains with an Alaska look to it. The area has also doubled as the Alps for movies.The "Google" look has snow covered peaks, and is simply awesome, and incrediably realistic! Try it out! And you need to see it from both sides.I've set my terrain settings on the higher end in the option menu.L.Adamson

Guest grapesh

There are some layers in GE that might potentially increase the realism of "GE FS":1. There is a global cloud map, with 4 or 5 vertical layers and ground shadow. It is not hi-res but it is global.2. There are hi-res imagery layers like recently released 1-m Ikonos imagery for Nevada (to aid the search for Steve Fossett).3. There are 3D buildings, some with hi-rez texturesI wonder when we will be getting real-time hi-rez weather in GE. I'm sure they work on it (I know Micrsofot Virtual Earth does). I also wonder how soon FS-related things like live traffic will come to GE. All in all, if one manages to put flight dynamics into GE, this would be as real as it can get.Cheers,S.V.

Guest Shalomar

Whether or not Google provides it, MSFS really needs some serious competition. A monopoly is not good for any industry. I have been extensively using FS9 and X for a few years; mainly because I fell in love with VCs and now with TrackIR a 2D only experience doesn't satisfy. But the level of complacene MS exhibits gets under my skin seriously. While "Stolen" may be going too far, MSFS has always lagged behind the competion and third party devs in many ways. I wish Aces would develop according to Mr. Gate's old Mantra- "We are only three years from failure."But with X-plane being the only sim out there, MSFS can be pretty lackluster in its investment to development.Best Regards, Donald T. :-wave FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.