Sign in to follow this  
antic81

Failing to launch home screen after a flight

Hi all,

I seem to have a new intermittent problem for the last couple of weeks, I was wondering if anyone else is also experiencing something similar?

Essentially if I complete a flight and then return to the main menu I sometimes get this instance where the background will load in (aircraft in the hangar), but none of the actual interactive menus will load in. I can still end the simulator and restart it by hitting escape and I could also click on the tips and release notes at the bottom of the screen. On restarting,  the menus will appear correctly. The problem does appear to be intermittent though, and doesn't seem to happen every time. I have yet to find a pattern as to what is running or not. 

I am running FSLTL, and have a couple of 3rd parties addons loaded. The problem does not appear to be linked to a particular aircraft though, I could be in the Fenix or in a default aircraft, this does not seem to matter.

It just is time consuming having to relaunch and wait for the sim to fully load again. 

Anyone else had anything like this and managed to figure out a solution?

Many thanks,

Anthony

Anthony Milner

Hello everybody,

Same problem here, for me it seems to appear a few days ago, but it is random ; no matter what kind of flight I have done (last time the problem comes after a flight on PMDG 737-700).

No idea what we can do... but I prefer this to some CTD... 🙂

Greg

Glad its not just me then! haha!

It may be that its being caused by something on the MSFS servers failing to load in properly? That's just a guess, just one other thing, I am not on the Beta, I am on the standard release sim. I wonder if the Beta does have something to do with it though, perhaps on the server side?

All just guesses though! 

Anthony Milner

Yeah, it has happened to me too, so far only one time.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Happened to me as well, for a few days.  Then it stopped, have no clue as to why.  The only add-ons I have are aircraft. 

Yup. Happens from time to time. Haven't figured out the cause yet.