Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

The next step : MSFS v2.0

Pardon my terrible clickbait 😁.

But I found interesting to share that Blackshark.ai works with Maxar, one of the largest providers of sat imagery, on a high-performance, geotypical representation of the entire planet for gaming, entertainment, virtual reality and metaverse applications.

You will tell me that it has nothing to do with MSFS ! Look at the title of the press release  "Digital twin of Earth", the words that Neuman and Wloch have been using since day one as their ultimate goal.

SYNTH3D | Maxar

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

for some reason I thought Blackshark was already associated (at some level) with MSFS.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

19 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

for some reason I thought Blackshark was already associated (at some level) with MSFS.

They are. You see their logo every time you fire up MSFS

45 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Thats the whole idea 😀.  On one hand they are a partner of Asobo for MSFS, on the other hand they are a partner of Maxar to develop the next generation of their product.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

all the replication technology of buildings, airports, streets and so on are already part of MSFS, except for the map generation, it comes from Bing

• Upvote 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

13 minutes ago, penta_a said:

all the replication technology of buildings, airports, streets and so on are already part of MSFS, except for the map generation, it comes from Bing

Of course, but we are talking next gen. as I understand it. 

Dominique

22 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Of course, but we are talking next gen. as I understand it. 

Isn't it already MSFS' current gen?

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Not to be "that guy" but if a digital twin is available through third party sources then maybe this might be more relevant to XP13.  Not that I enjoy suggesting that! 😐

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, btacon said:

They are. You see their logo every time you fire up MSFS

I disabled that after a week of using it, bypass all the ads for faster loading. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

According to their website, Microsoft is one of the funders of Blackshark. 

"The blackshark.ai platform, backed by M12 – Microsoft’s Venture Fund, Point72 Ventures, and Maxar Technologies, provider of comprehensive Earth Intelligence and Space Infrastructures (NYSE:MAXR), serves large clients globally with a team of 100+ people based out of Silicon Valley/US and Graz/Austria, Europe’s computer vision hub. "

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Pardon my terrible clickbait

You're pardoned. Interesting to see that video. The AI in MSFS is a combination of pretty d*mn impressive and pretty d*mn awful in places, but it's almost certain to keep improving (he said, hopefully).

Certainly, a digital twin of the planet is what I'm hoping to see before I shuffle off the real one.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I disabled that after a week of using it, bypass all the ads for faster loading. 

How do you do such a thing?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

How do you do such a thing?

two ways I know of

1) use Addon Linker to start the sim, it has an option to turn those splash screens off.

2) use the -FastLaunch switch, either with a shortcut or batch file -- here's the target for the MS Store version:

cmd.exe /c start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App - FastLaunchcmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

• Like 3

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 minute ago, Mace said:

use the -FastLaunch switch, either with a shortcut or batch file -- here's the target for the MS Store version:

This is the one I use. 

Some might find this interesting.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5