Sign in to follow this  
Kalnon

Aerosoft Antarctica X, where are the airports?

So I just bought Antarctica X by Aerosoft which is supposed to add a bunch of airports and airstrips to the continent as well as other scenery.  I use Little Navmap for flight planning so after installation I had it re-scan the P3D scenery library so it could find the new airports that come with the Antarctica scenery and add them to Little Navmap but after scanning, it doesn't show any on the map at all.  I noticed the total number of airports went up but on the map there's still nothing in Antarctica.  How do I find these new airports/airstrips and flight plan for them?  Is there any way to get Little Navmap to add them to it's map?

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

Can you find them in the airport search (F4)?

Alex

Yes that worked, then I could only find them one at a time.  Then I decided to try enabling the "Force map to show all add-on airports" option then they all do appear as the yellow circles.  With that enabled I can see them dotted all over Antarctica now.  I find that kind of strange but it works.  Thanks for the tip, I can't wait to go exploring Antarctica now.  Time to fire up my Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended and go exploring 😀

I suppose the culprit is the detail level. The airports are small and therefore hidden on the zoom level you need to see such a large continent.

You can also use Ctrl++, Ctrl+-, Ctrl+Mousewheel or the detail settings the menu "Map" to make them visible.
Also use the projection Spherical in menu view -> projection. The Mercator is not very useful nearby the poles.

Alex