Sign in to follow this  
Bulva

Excellent news - there will be ASXP for XP12 ;-)

41 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

You're making the wrong comparison, XP11 Xenviro with XP12. I'm saying XP11 default and XP11 with Xenviro is transformational. It would be interesting to see what they can do with the default XP12. Yes XP12 has improvements but cloud rendering, volumetric lighting (including in cloud from aircraft lights) and atmospheric visibility based on temperature/dewpoint is lacking.

Ok, I understand what you mean now. Yes compared to XP11‘s default weather it was an improvement.

And I agree at least with the following: the lighting on clouds during night was great with xE and are missing in XP12. I hope Laminar will add these effects.

• Like 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

8 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

AFAIK, we've only disabled old obsolete revisions, always offering an update (free) for license holders.  Feel free to pm me or reply here regarding your experience, if you'd like.  In any case, this is yet another free upgrade despite requiring quite an investment of time and effort which is ongoing.  You're feedback is appreciated.

This happened a long time ago, I think during the days of FS2004. One day a new product was released to the stores, and shortly after the old product stopped working without warning, no discount offered.

sigfile_dva.png

??? AS6.5 released in 2006 or ASE in 2010

Edited by level7

11 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

AFAIK, we've only disabled old obsolete revisions, always offering an update (free) for license holders.  Feel free to pm me or reply here regarding your experience, if you'd like.  In any case, this is yet another free upgrade despite requiring quite an investment of time and effort which is ongoing.  You're feedback is appreciated.

you see this developer gets it, and understands how to talk to his bread and butter, his customers. 

Its an easy art to master.  Yet understood by very few in this community.

Well done Damian and Dave.  these 2 get it.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

ASXP12 beta problems:

1) There is no drop down for custom weather (METAR.rwx)

2) XP11 --> CTD

I may be mistaken but the installer replaced my existing ASXP11 version with the new ASXP12 version. 

Although ASXP12 will support both XP11 and XP12 I've not found a way to select which simulator I want to use when I start ASXP12. It looks like it's selected at installation.

For now I'll continue testing on XP12.  It's a snow battered UK but no snow is on the ground, but I understand why that's the case.

7 minutes ago, jbee1a said:

I may be mistaken but the installer replaced my existing ASXP11 version with the new ASXP12 version. 

Although ASXP12 will support both XP11 and XP12 I've not found a way to select which simulator I want to use when I start ASXP12. It looks like it's selected at installation.

For now I'll continue testing on XP12.  It's a snow battered UK but no snow is on the ground, but I understand why that's the case.

Switching from XP12 to XP11 is a second in the main settings.
https://mega.nz/file/VuZkXC5T#YIkkrSzWNvE10rUJsokHsF1GkVOrYTDouhWnK84QuYM

But in XP11 it causes CTD anyway (there are already many reports).

1 hour ago, Bulva said:

ASXP12 beta problems:

1) There is no drop down for custom weather (METAR.rwx)

I believe this was incorrectly mentioned in the associated DOC and global depiction should be used instead.

From -The current wx depiction system is based on the available API. We expect this to be improved/expanded over time. For now, this is a similar depiction to global weather, with more variety and smoothing

So one should revert to "Manual weather" option in XP12 Weather setup in order for ASXP12 to be able to inject it's "Regional" weather.

Edited by cagarini
  • Like 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

ActiveSky installed for XP12.  Clouds in ASXP are really good, but using ASXP for the weather engine, and enhancing the clouds with VisualXP is a visual feast!  Default XP12 weather doesn't go to the horizon, so neither does ASXP, but VisualXP draws clouds to the horizon, so the combo is great!

Visual-XP-Active-Sky-XP12-1.png

Visual-XP-Active-Sky-XP12-2.png

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

ActiveSky installed for XP12.  Clouds in ASXP are really good, but using ASXP for the weather engine, and enhancing the clouds with VisualXP is a visual feast!  Default XP12 weather doesn't go to the horizon, so neither does ASXP, but VisualXP draws clouds to the horizon, so the combo is great!

Visual-XP-Active-Sky-XP12-1.png

Visual-XP-Active-Sky-XP12-2.png

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
spelling
  • Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Even more variations in high clouds are now possible!  XP12 upgrades and addons are gathering pace!

Visual-XP-Active-Sky-XP12-3.png

• Like 1