Sign in to follow this  
Bulva

Excellent news - there will be ASXP for XP12 ;-)

2 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Even more variations in high clouds are now possible!  XP12 upgrades and addons are gathering pace!

Visual-XP-Active-Sky-XP12-3.png

Any fps hit? 

• Like 1

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Any fps hit? 

Not noticed much with the addition of activeSky.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

8 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

you see this developer gets it, and understands how to talk to his bread and butter, his customers. 

Its an easy art to master.  Yet understood by very few in this community.

Well done Damian and Dave.  these 2 get it.

Let it go, Pete. Time to build that bridge, and not derail another thread.  Besides, you’re not a customer of mine. And you've made it clear that you never will be.  Back on topic.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1

A few flights including a just finished LPPR - LPPT made me jump in joy alover the house !!! (poor Cagarini...)

It even bring Radar echoes to my Zibo 737 !!!

Simply ASTOUNDING !!!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

ActiveSky installed for XP12.  Clouds in ASXP are really good, but using ASXP for the weather engine, and enhancing the clouds with VisualXP is a visual feast!  Default XP12 weather doesn't go to the horizon, so neither does ASXP, but VisualXP draws clouds to the horizon, so the combo is great!

I also used both addons at the same time, with the option for downloading weather in VisualXP being deactivated. Indeed, the visuals can look absolutely amazing! At the same time i am not sure if there is not some kind of incompatibility because i get very strange things happening: snow over Greece with ground temperatures of 13-15 degrees. And huge winds shifts happening all 5 minutes. And some sliders of VisualXP doesn't seem to work anymore when ASXP is injecting the weather. I also get huge wind-shifts when changing inside of VisualXP the type of cloud-presets (one of the 4 options on the left), although the weather itself should not change, since ASXP is still injecting it.

But if we can get both working together in future it would be aboslutely mindblowing! 

• Like 2

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Two areas I was hoping to see some improvements but none yet. 

• In Windows still requiring UAC Elevated permission to run Activesky 🤨 . I bet the application is trying to write data into protected area instead of recommended "Document" or "app data" area under user home directory. 
  • Still haven't seen option like "start ASXP12 during windows startup"

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

Two areas I was hoping to see some improvements but none yet. 

• In Windows still requiring UAC Elevated permission to run Activesky 🤨 . I bet the application is trying to write data into protected area instead of recommended "Document" or "app data" area under user home directory. 
  • Still haven't seen option like "start ASXP12 during windows startup"

Thanks!  We now have an app to collect bug reports, suggestions and feedback for ASXP12, where they can also be commented on, upvoted, etc, to help us better collect and organize feedback.  These are good points and would be a welcome addition to the suggestions posts.  http://hifisimtech.canny.io

Edited by Damian Clark
  • Like 2

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Skymatix just posted a new video of a Zibo 738 flight using the "new kid in town" - ASXP12

(EGSS) London Stansted to (ELLX) Luxembourg | Active Sky XP12 - YouTube

and another one here:

X-Plane 12.04r3 Active Sky XP 12 Beta Test Flight Live - YouTube

Edited by cagarini

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Guys, how to use it? I can’t see the option to manually select a Weather file in XP12. 

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

30 minutes ago, jose88 said:

Guys, how to use it? I can’t see the option to manually select a Weather file in XP12. 

Just select manual weather with clear skies. The weather from ActiveSky will be generated in a few seconds.

• Like 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

1 hour ago, Baber20 said:

Just select manual weather with clear skies. The weather from ActiveSky will be generated in a few seconds.

Thanks you! 

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

3 hours ago, Baber20 said:

I think you are suppose to reboot Xplane for it work. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Has anyone tried using ASXP12 with XP11 ???
After a few hours and understanding the installation process, ASXP12 injects weather into XP11 correctly.

However, each time, after a few minutes of flight, the plane starts to spin and falls like a rock and crashes.

Almost windless weather (I tried it in different locations), default C172SP, XP11 Weather settings - "Manually Configured" (as you need with ASXP12), in ASXP settings option - "Regional Weather" enabled.

???

11 minutes ago, strider1 said:

I think you are suppose to reboot Xplane for it work. 

No....

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

45 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

No....

I stand corrected, "restart ASXP12".

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar