Sign in to follow this  
Bulva

Excellent news - there will be ASXP for XP12 ;-)

49 minutes ago, strider1 said:

I stand corrected, "restart ASXP12".

Yes 😃

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

So, the current ASXP12 beta didn't get the pressure temperature correction right, inject QNH as QFF into the sim, quite a rudimentary mistake for a dev that working on weather for decades (to be fair this phenomenon is new to XP12 and MSFS, at least for desktop simulator)...

Since I fly a lot airports that's not near sea level, this bug effects me a lot, I basically halt my flight in XP12 until this could get fixed....

53 minutes ago, C2615 said:

So, the current ASXP12 beta didn't get the pressure temperature correction right, inject QNH as QFF into the sim, quite a rudimentary mistake for a dev that working on weather for decades (to be fair this phenomenon is new to XP12 and MSFS, at least for desktop simulator)...

Since I fly a lot airports that's not near sea level, this bug effects me a lot, I basically halt my flight in XP12 until this could get fixed....

I highlighted a key word in your post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, C2615 said:

I don't think they have the necessary simvars to properly deal with geopotential height at the moment, as well as the temperature variations due to tropopause height and temperature.

I don't think QFF is being used by ASXP to model geopotential height variation due to T, if not for other reasons because even QFF (either of the methods that are more used to calculate it although not for Aviation) still relies on ISA lapse rates between sea level and airfield height. The only way to model geopotential height is by actually injecting height vs pressure data, either from model (GRIB) or from conversion charts against "T".

In the past HiFi has been a game changer for other platforms, brought what no other weather injectors managed to achieve, and I do believe we will get better once LR provides them with the necessary SDK. They can, for instance, given the access to the necessary tools, bring Historic weather to XP12, but also create a better, smoother interpolation of GRIB and observation data.

In the meanwhile I use ASXP12 during approach and takeoff. As soon as I get above transition level / altitude I revert to default XP12 weather. It's at the distance of a click, and doesn't do any harm to your flights, most of the time...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

22 hours ago, C2615 said:

Interesting assessment, but incorrect.  Thanks for participating in beta 1.  There have been several known internal XP12 issues affecting the ambient pressure representation at all altitudes through SDK (and in the weather system in general).  We had numerous work-around modifications in place that gave much better results in previous builds, to try and provide a better beta 1 experience, but recent XP12 changes have made such work-arounds fail.  We're working on correcting this and numerous other things.

Edited by Damian Clark
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

On 3/20/2023 at 4:48 PM, Damian Clark said:

Interesting assessment, but incorrect.  Thanks for participating in beta 1.  There have been several known internal XP12 issues affecting the ambient pressure representation at all altitudes through SDK (and in the weather system in general).  We had numerous work-around modifications in place that gave much better results in previous builds, to try and provide a better beta 1 experience, but recent XP12 changes have made such work-arounds fail.  We're working on correcting this and numerous other things.

This should be fixed now in beta 3.  

• Like 3

Damian Clark

4 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

Excellent Damian,

ASXP12 is one of the biggest expectations for me in XP12, now that we have you onboard too 🙂

I just hope you can elevate your proposals and requests, maybe through making part of the "Slack Group", to the eyes of Austin and whoever at LR deals with SDK design and programming as well as with the intricacies of weather modelling...

Also looking fwd for your ASP6 when P3D v6 get's available 😉

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

8 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

Thanks for the Beta 3 update, just one point I dont' seem to be picking up the the latest AIRAC 2303 (navigraph) it shows 1601.

edit ......  navigraph option tick in option settings

regards bob

Edited by onebob

Just a note that beta 10 has just been posted.

Thanks a bunch to all who've helped with the beta testing.  We've already come a long way in just a short time.  Here is the changelog so far:

Beta 10

• New barometric pressure control attempt with enhanced smoothing and improved accuracy
  • New surface layer control method for improved temperature and baro accuracy in XP12 weather reports, datarefs, and other add-ons
  • Fixed ASXP12 crash on XP12 exit in some cases
  • Added Override XP12 surface variability option/feature (on by default) which allows ASXP12 to control surface variability fully
  • Updated documentation

Beta 9

• Fixed error with some SimBrief plans causing parse error
  • Added thermal rate control
  • Added enhanced wind smoothing for reduced wind shifts
  • Removed obsolete XP11 options (Override turbulence, surface crosswind attenuation, wake turbulence strength)
  • Changed Application startup sounds option default to off
  • Updated documentation

Beta 8

• Various wind/temp layer adjustments for better results in most cases
  • Fixed potential surface wind variability issue in beta 7
  • Attempted fix for error/crash in Simbrief flight plan import in Beta 7 for some users
  • Attempted fix for ambients error for some users in beta 7 (also updated ambients error message for more relevant info)
  • Added VC++ 2022 x64 redist and auto install
  • Attempted fix for wet airports when not raining/expected
  • Fixed improper application of magnetic variation in wind layers
  • Attempted fix for improper conditions (including clouds/precip) after relocating aircraft in some cases
  • Reduced distance-based conditions variability for better wx accuracy and control at all times

Beta 7

• Added proper destination/departure conditions force when flight plan loaded
  • Fixed potential cloud inconsistency from conditions shown when flight plan loaded
  • Fixed app crash when using an invalid Simbrief user id/name
  • Added username functionality for Simbrief flight plan user ID option (can use username or ID, either should work)
  • Added waypoints/fixes for Simbrief flight plan load
  • Fixed gust issue with too high gust values still in Beta 6
  • Removed non-functional “send error report” button (please send bug/error reports via the hifisimtech.canny.io site)

Beta 6

• Fixed remaining connection error 500 in some cases during registration
  • Fixed winds gust/layering issues
  • Added new Simbrief user ID option and auto Simbrief active flight plan fetch by pressing Simbrief button in Flight Plan screen (currently does not import enroute waypoints, only dep/dest/alt/altitudes/speeds)

Beta 5

• Fixed problem with surface winds vs ambient winds (new to Beta 4) not being applied properly when surface elevation was greater than about 1500ft in some cases
  • Fix for connection issue/error during registration/login in some cases
  • New pressure control method in attempts to resolve potential pressure error for some users
  • Fixed ambient vs surface temperature settings in some cases
  • Added XP12 automatic wx mode selection to Preset/Manually Enter Weather
  • Updated .NET version used to 4.8 vs 4.0
  • Added wind gusts and variability when in surface layer
  • Added new alternative pressure control methods for better results (some users were experiencing baro/altitude issues still in beta 4)
  • Changed cumulus vs stratus algorithm for better results and generally more cumulus clouds
  • Added additional random variation in cloud types and the general cloud scene depicted
  • Attempted fix for Error Code 127 plugin error issue for ASXPConnect12 module preventing proper ASXP12/XP12 Connection
  • Added automatic uninstall of ASXPConnect12 plugin module on ASXP12 app uninstall
  • Added automatic detection and uninstall of old ASXPConnect plugin module, both during uninstall of ASXP12, and during ASXP12 initialization, to prevent conflicts and connection issues if this older module is still installed

Beta 4

• Added new unique surface winds vs ambient/aloft wind control to provide proper ATIS and surface wind effects when flying above the surface layer
  • Completed initial documentation for ASXP12
  • Changed UI color scheme to be darker based on feedback
  • Fixed UI toolbar text color being too light in some cases
  • Fixed depiction mode default text incorrect in options screen
  • Removed texture installation button, obsolete for XP12
  • Various tuning/adjustments regarding XP12 depiction using latest XP12 12.05b1 version
  • Attempted fix for “ASPXConnect12 cannot be loaded Error Code = 127”
  • Fixed ASXP12 error/crash when using “refresh” button in Flight Plan screen when no departure and destination has been entered first
  • Attempted fix for “Arrival RWY always wet”
  • Reverted/removed “Start with windows” option due to issues here with required Administrator privileges in current app design

Beta 3

• ****Please UNINSTALL (removing all data) and REINSTALL ASXP12 as several core installation package items and names have changed to enable dual ASXP12/ASXP install support****
  • ****Please also UNINSTALL ASXPConnect from add/remove programs to remove the old ASXPConnect item (this has changed to ASXPConnect12 and if you do not uninstall the old version there will be conflicts preventing a connection in ASXPConnect12)****
  • Fixed XP12 Crash/Freeze/CTD issue in Beta 2
  • Added “Start with Windows” option/feature
  • Attempted fix for potential wind shifts
  • Added unique surface temperature vs. aloft temperature in depiction to prevent visible snow when raining on surface and at negative aloft temps
  • Removed unneeded old references to XP11 datarefs

Beta 2

• ****Please UNINSTALL (removing all data) and REINSTALL ASXP12 as several core installation package items and names have changed to enable dual ASXP12/ASXP install support****
  • Dropped XP11 support, ASXP12 supports only XP12
  • Dual-Install of both ASXP12 and ASXP (for v11) is now enabled, so you can use either ASXP version for the intended XP version in use
  • Attempted fix for baro pressure issues in several cases
  • Attempted fix for altitude/temp/baro shifts in flight resulting in indicated altitude instability
  • Changed wind/temp layer population method in attempt to eliminate potential rapid temp changes in flight
  • Updated install/configuration sections of documentation for proper XP12 configuration steps (most importantly, regarding choosing Manually Configured weather mode)

• Like 2

Damian Clark

@Damian Clark Just saw this in Beta 12

spacer.png

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

The apparent concentric rings with high-coverage/overcast stratus layers when viewed from high altitude is not something we have control over when in preset/global region mode.  This is not usually very intrusive/noticeable at normal cruise altitudes.  Using the new XP12 hybrid live weather control feature (in beta 13, just posted), which automatically enables XP12 live weather mode during enroute/cruise phases, should reduce the potential for such visual anomalies.  We also hope that future XP12 updates will minimize/eliminate this effect in preset/global region mode as well as enable more control of weather conditions similar to live weather mode.

Edited by Damian Clark
  • Like 1

Damian Clark

Just reminder everyone ASXP12 upgrade won't be free after May19th, so even if you don't yet get XP12, it would be nice to just install the beta(RC2) now and active it on your account for later use

• Like 3