Sign in to follow this  
jose88

It’s performance ok in my PC?

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

I think the performance I'm getting is kind of odd where I get strange dips at times down to low twenties. I've been messing around with settings and the Nvidia settings but no silver bullet yet. One oddity is sometimes dipping to low 20s while flying at 40k feet over just about no scenery what so ever. 

I feel your pain Richard, Ive never really know a sim where the frames tank so badly, then suddenly jump back up, and then even more annoying is it doesnt show in the log file when you send it to them, it shows its running perfectly when its not. 

11fps on finals is not right, then some 5 mins later as your pulling off the runway it goes up to 40. is it some sort of leak, is it a DX12 issue, who knows.  but its not right 

Screenshot-2023-03-15-113937.jpg

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

32 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

I feel your pain Richard, Ive never really know a sim where the frames tank so badly, then suddenly jump back up, and then even more annoying is it doesnt show in the log file when you send it to them, it shows its running perfectly when its not. 

11fps on finals is not right, then some 5 mins later as your pulling off the runway it goes up to 40. is it some sort of leak, is it a DX12 issue, who knows.  but its not right 

What has been extremely strange for me is that I often get the dips while on FL 380+ for some odd reason I've never been annoyed while descending or approaching. It makes no sense to me what so ever. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

What has been extremely strange for me is that I often get the dips while on FL 380+ for some odd reason I've never been annoyed while descending or approaching. It makes no sense to me what so ever. 

Send me your log file and I'll take a look.  I think I may know what's causing it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Send me your log file and I'll take a look.  I think I may know what's causing it.

Oh, thank you!

The log.txt in the XPlane root folder I suppose?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

4 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

The log.txt in the XPlane root folder I suppose?

correct

1 minute ago, GoranM said:

correct

Ok. So, um, do I mail it to you or how would you like it? 😅

Richard

Just now, Swe_Richard said:

Ok. So, um, do I mail it to you or how would you like it? 😅

Zip it up and upload it to google drive or dropbox.  Then just DM me the link.

• Upvote 1

I still get the microstutters even with good FPS. Tested lowering settings to low and still present. 

• Like 1

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

On 3/10/2023 at 7:16 AM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yes. 
I have a 7950X and 4090, and sometimes I drop down to 25fps on the ground at my local airport of EGNT. 

Is frame generation not supported? (yet?)

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

7 hours ago, jose88 said:

I still get the microstutters even with good FPS. Tested lowering settings to low and still present. 

Hi,

Put me in the same boat! I was running butter smooth a few revisions ago, my setup does not like what they've done! I have my monitors locked at 30Hz, frames locked at 30fps and they stay there and don't move, yet stutters. If I remove vsync fps jump into the 40s and 50s.

I just ran a test on MS2020 and I find it very strange that I can run three 75" monitors @ 2K (DLSS Super I think) and have little to no stutters out at KLAX. Yet if I try and run one 75" monitor, on one 4090 video board, on one computer I9-10900 I get flickers, stutters and what not.

I've now tried a new windows 10 pro install, a new XP12 install, different computer, different cables, reset network, five different Nvidia drivers and yet no change.

I'm out of things to try on my end.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

On 3/15/2023 at 2:15 PM, Swe_Richard said:

Have you had any success?

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

12 hours ago, bogdansrb said:

Have you had any success?

Haven't really started experimenting yet. Can't seem to stop flying the 742.. 😉

Richard

Guys…

Just did a flight with the Zibo from LOWI to LOWW. Getting about 30-32 fps in flight and about 26-29 at ground in LOWI. 
The CPU times were about 0.3xx and GPU 0.15x. 
I only have Simheaven, Avitab, Groundterrain, no orthos and no custom airports. 

Why so high cpu times? 

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

19 hours ago, jose88 said:

Guys…

Just did a flight with the Zibo from LOWI to LOWW. Getting about 30-32 fps in flight and about 26-29 at ground in LOWI. 
The CPU times were about 0.3xx and GPU 0.15x. 
I only have Simheaven, Avitab, Groundterrain, no orthos and no custom airports. 

Why so high cpu times? 

AMD GPU? Driver version? Zink enabled?

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

7 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

AMD GPU? Driver version? Zink enabled?

Yes, RX6800XT. Latest driver and Zink enabled. 

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg