Sign in to follow this  
sonny147

Missing older Gen hardware !

I have just retired my 9900k and few months ago retired my beloved 1080ti .  Is just me but  were those two a marriage made in heaven for us, a little long in tooth simmers of P3D /Xplane . They were king and queen of this Hobby and if you had them you looked on in envy and you felt like a simming prince. Doyens of frame rates,  late nights and empty bank accounts. alas times move on , with the ever more greedy power hungry sims my trusty old lumps were showing their age. Having passed them both on to my youngest son ( with some unwillingness) i asked him to take care of them both like elderly relatives. Now he tells me he plays Cyber witch craft , call of duty the bats from hell or whatever , with four monitors RGB everywhere and a case with zero air flow , and hes quite proud of the fact that with the radiating heat you can see his house from space

All i say is that i miss them both dearly like old friends from bygon,  happy and frustrating times . Like classic cars they were history makers and we thank them

Just saying !!

PS: and no iam not helping my son pay his electric bills !

• Like 3

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +