Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

looking to buy an airbus/Fenix, advise

Need some help and suggestions about buying an airbus, possibly a Fenix.

Currently very pleased with the PMDG Boeing 737-600, 800, 900.  I also have  fly the Maddog MD-80, very upset with the sound, so thats basically in my hanger all the time.

In the FSX days,  had the entire line of  the Aerosoft Airbus, and was pleased.

Thus, I have been reading  and hearing very much about the Fenix.  My main concern is about the performance, and stutters.  I fly most of the time into major airports,from developers like, FS DreamTeam, Flytampa, Flightbeam

Concluding with my specs, 10700kf, 4.8ghz, 32 gb's  3080 Niviidia, could I have a nice smooth flight with the Fenix ?  By the way my specs in the sim are on high and ultra high, TLOD 150

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

if  you got  no issues  using  pmdg or the  maddog  in msfs  you will have  no issues  using  the  fenix  at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You're sort of in the same Spec zone as me in terms of PC and I have no issues with the Fenix. Early on I did, and I abandoned it for a while, but as time went on and I tuned in the settings it's running nicely now. PMDG performs even better but that's always been the case for that product. 

The Fly-by-Wire is an excellent freeware airbus choice though. It's very difficult to tell them apart now. FBW has a better EFB tablet imo..

Edited by flyhalf

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

With your system and settings, there should be no issues with the Fenix, even if you are running in 4K. 

I'd recommend you try out the FBW A32NX first - as @flyhalf said, it is very close in terms of features (and in some areas surpasses the Fenix in my opinion.  And as it's free, it would seem worth trying it out before spending money on a similar model.  Re: performance with the Fenix. It operates like no other plane in MSFS, in that the core of the systems are provided by an external app that runs in the background, external to MSFS. The app also runs the aircraft's displays.  It is this architecture which can cause performance problems. I'm sure you would run it fine but my experience was one of decent FPS but awful stuttering. I bought it on the day of release and it's now permanently retired. The FBW model is now so good that I'm no longer driven to put up with the unenjoyable performance with the Fenix, when I get super, smooth performance with the FBW.

Here is the link to the FBW if you wish to try it:-

https://flybywiresim.com/

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Also, download the poorly-named experimental version. It's the version with all the VNAV stuff. The stable version is a very old build.

Another vote for the FBW.

Fenix all the way if you want the most serious A320 on MSFS as of date. Performance issues is overly exaggerated here. For me its on par with the MD82 by Leonardo and only 5 fps behind the PMDG 736 with fully moldeled systems. But that is just my experience.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 5

Wow, mixed views, it scares me since the developer is very new, and performance, I here a bit about stutters, I made one mistake already with the Maddog, cause of sounds

I appreciate  u folks giving ur opinions, going to wait a couple of days maybe and think it over,  its really TEMPTING!!!  I luv the PMDG 737, get about 30+ frames at KLAX/Inibuilds, developer.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

I have exactly the same spec as you do and must say that I leave the Fenix in the hanger most of the time because of the poor performance compared to any other aircraft, especially around larger airports by the developers you mentioned (the PMDG 737 works flawlessly and stutter-free for me by comparison).

A big Fenix update is coming with rumoured performance improvements, so it might be better to wait for that? (Though I’ve no idea when it will come)

Get the Fenix. I bought the 738 with my free credit and the plane is very boring compared to the Fenix. The Fenix is on a whole different level.

Edited by MikeH99
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Another vote for the Fenix.

Even on my aged hardware, it runs stutter free. I must add I don't use 4K, nor do I push all the sim's setting to ultimate.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

I’ve not flown the Fenix for a while and haven’t touched FBW since Fenix launched - Are they really that close now? 
Any news from Fenix on when the update will land? Sounds like it’s needed to put some distance between them and FBW.

Performance issues of the Fenix are exaggerated, I have much worse hardware than you and it runs fine. Make sure to download 4k liveries and not 8k liveries just to be safe (this is an option in their livery manager).

Edited by Johnny Wyatt
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Fenix all the way...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

The Fenix is simply a treat on every flight...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.